MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moving forum from index
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need to move my forum from my index page to another page on my site! I thought moving the {$forums} would do it. But it only removes it and DOES NOT show up on the page I place it! Im assuming this is because the plugin is telling it to appear only on the index page! anyone know how to move the form to a custom page? Thanks for the help
(2012-11-02, 04:08 PM)natep86 Wrote: [ -> ]I need to move my forum from my index page to another page on my site! I thought moving the {$forums} would do it. But it only removes it and DOES NOT show up on the page I place it! Im assuming this is because the plugin is telling it to appear only on the index page! anyone know how to move the form to a custom page? Thanks for the help

I did not quite get it what you are trying to accomplish. Are you trying to change the forum url?
Yes pretty much. The forum of course being on the index page.
I want to move the form say from www.example.com to www.example.com/forums.

I went into the forum settings and took the {$forums} and moved it to my custom page! But nothing showed. It did however remove it from the index page!

Basically I dont want my forum to be my main page! I need to move my forums to a custom page
(2012-11-02, 06:59 PM)natep86 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes pretty much. The forum of course being on the index page.
I want to move the form say from www.example.com to www.example.com/forums.

I went into the forum settings and took the {$forums} and moved it to my custom page! But nothing showed. It did however remove it from the index page!

Basically I dont want my forum to be my main page! I need to move my forums to a custom page

You will have to update the board url and the cookie settings at your AdminCP> Configuration > General Configuration. Then move your forum files from the root to the /forum/ folder and you should be all set.
I found what you referring to but the cookies path is "/" how do I edit that? or what to change it too?
forums/
Keep the trailing slash (/) as shown.

Change the cookie path in your inc/settings.php as well.
Ok guys not to be a noob but I have "tried" what I think you guys are talking about, but what I got was my index page crashing/everything being blank/txt appearing in my AdminCP. Lol I am lost.

All I want to do is take my forums OFF the index page and put them on a custom page! lol
(2012-11-02, 10:22 PM)natep86 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok guys not to be a noob but I have "tried" what I think you guys are talking about, but what I got was my index page crashing/everything being blank/txt appearing in my AdminCP. Lol I am lost.

All I want to do is take my forums OFF the index page and put them on a custom page! lol

Doing what was advised above should do the trick. Can you post all the steps of what you did? Can you also post the link to your forum?