MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to Slow Down Popup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just installed myBB. I had a forum on another site but migrated the databases (etc) to this program, which I'm pleased with. BUT my users passwords no longer work, so they have to click on "FORGOT PASSWORD" to get a new one issued (via email).

When they submit their email addresses in the form, a popup message appears on the screen. But it stays there only for a few seconds.... and it is rather long, so no one can read it fast enough.

I want to extend the time that the message stays onscreen. Can I edit the ??.php somewhere?

I'm looking for the easiest way for a lot of users to get new passwords. I want to at least make the process more user-friendly.

www.thewineboard.com

Thanks for any advice...
first off what forum software did you convert from and did you use the merge system? if so, should you be using the loginconvert plugin to handle the conversion automatically?

otherwise, to modify the redirect time, edit the "redirect" template and change the value for the content parameter
Excellent! Thank you.

The old forum was running with Ruby on Rails (ROR) custom software, so there was no way to convert it. I manually edited the database and migrated the data, table for table, column for column.... It was a bear, to say the least.

As far as passwords, I could only copy over the login name, encrypted password and salt. I think all users will have to go through the process of re-setting their passwords through the system. There is no other way, that I know of --- unless you know of something.

In the meantime, I'll slow the "redirect". That should help a lot. THANKS AGAIN.
if you know the password hashing mechanism of the old site and have all the salts, etc it then you can modify the loginconvert plugin from merge system to convert on the fly.