MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Disable 2 accounts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do you make it so if you're signed in and you try to sign up again and your signed in it will say this; Sorry, but our system shows that you have already registered on these forums and the registration of multiple accounts has been disabled.
I've made a plugin for this and I'll submit it to the Mods site shortly.

Edit: I've submitted it. Smile
(2012-11-03, 03:59 AM)Seabody Wrote: [ -> ]I've made a plugin for this and I'll submit it to the Mods site shortly.

You are? Sweet, PM me the link so I can test it out when you decide to release it Smile
(2012-11-03, 04:10 AM)Red Bull Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-03, 03:59 AM)Seabody Wrote: [ -> ]I've made a plugin for this and I'll submit it to the Mods site shortly.

You are? Sweet, PM me the link so I can test it out when you decide to release it Smile

I've submitted it. Smile I tested it thoroughly - the hardest part was getting the hooks to work right. I managed it in the end though. I'll post a link once it's validated.

Edit: I've submitted it. Smile
Thanks, you're awesome
(2012-11-03, 04:12 AM)Seabody Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-03, 04:10 AM)Red Bull Wrote: [ -> ]

I've submitted it. Smile I tested it thoroughly - the hardest part was getting the hooks to work right. I managed it in the end though. I'll post a link once it's validated.

You're awesome +Rep.
Use two different browsers and you should be able to register two accounts.
Not with this plugin. It checks the usergroup and denies any registration to anyone who's not a guest. In the next version, I'm planning to have an option to exempt one user (and when I learn about explode() properly, multiple users) from this rule - the setting is there for admins who are modifying the register template.

Speaking of which, here's a temporary download until the Mods Site one is validated:

<removed by Seabody>

It's got the Mods site GUID in it, so if you use Plugin Uploader, don't worry about the "Reimport from Mods Site" option. It's safe to ignore.

Edit: It turns out that such a feature already exists in MyBB and you don't need a plugin to do it.