MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Add reputation using jquery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It just seems like such a hassle for it to make a popup and then refresh the page when you give someone rep.
The current reputation system uses Javascript to add reputation. jQuery is a javascript framework. What would be the point of using jQuery instead of the current javascript?

I'm going to assume you want to just be able to click the Add Rep button and have it instantly add reputation to the user but just didn't know how to say that. Problem I see with this is there's nowhere to add a comment if you do it like that.
vBulletin have an addon so you click +rep, and it shows up with a small box that you can put a comment in as well. I thought that jquery could be used to create such a popup box without a page refresh or how it currently is for making a new popup window.
You can do this by using prototype instead of using another javascript library e.g. jQuery. However it does need a plugin.