MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unregistered Posting?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My forum has been getting spammed like crazy by "unregistered" members.

I ban their IP every time they do and they just keep on coming back with a different username/IP.

I have checked the permissions and they are not suppose to be able to post.

Weird thing I noticed was when I tested it as a guest, the "New Thread" and "New Reply" buttons still appears...That shouldn't be showing up right?
Youare allowing guest posting. If you dont want guest posts then go to user groups and set the guests permissions to cannot post threads
Yes Leefish I have already done that:
[Image: MktzJ.png]

I just tested it, and all a guest has to do it type a username, title, and message(leave password blank). Then it just shows up as unregistered
Example:
[Image: kaUdY.png]
The new thread and reply buttons show up regardless if you are a guest or not. Have you modified any core files or added plug-ins that mess with threads? I know once I was adding something and for some reason it was messing up forum permissions that allowed members to post in areas they weren't allowed to.
Check your forum boards in your Admin CP. If Guests have any Custom Permissions here, clear them.