MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Template Guide: Easy question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When trying to alter my templates to change the layout of the site, I find that certain templates (especially in the Forum Bits) simply don't do anything noticeable.

I add something like "??" at the end of a variable to see where it shows up and its...no where. Are these templates useless? Why are they even there? It makes it difficult and convoluted to change simple things like how my index is set up when I've got to wade through 8 pages of useless information.

In order to make figuring all of this out, is there any place where all the templates on the latest release are listed, and show where they actually occur? Sort of like a CSS guide but with the templates instead.

Thank you
Every template should be used. But it depends on certain conditions. For instance, if you add "??" in the forumbit_subforums template, and you have no sub-forums, it won't show up. Same with category descriptions, forum moderators, etc.

The templates should be pretty self explanatory as to where they appear. For instance - usercp_options is the User CP Options template, etc.