MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thread View
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My thread views are increasing when I refresh that thread with one account. Show can I make it that one view per account?

Thank you.
(2012-11-04, 12:31 AM)Aastra Wrote: [ -> ]My thread views are increasing when I refresh that thread with one account. Show can I make it that one view per account?

I would like to put that to one account also but i don't know how.

(2012-11-04, 12:31 AM)Aastra Wrote: [ -> ]Also, how do I put it that there is a image next to username telling is player online or offline. How do I make that text to normal when offline saying " is offline " and if online the green text says " online "?

Thank you.
(2012-11-04, 07:47 AM)MYBB GHOST Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-04, 12:31 AM)Aastra Wrote: [ -> ]My thread views are increasing when I refresh that thread with one account. Show can I make it that one view per account?

I would like to put that to one account also but i don't know how.

(2012-11-04, 12:31 AM)Aastra Wrote: [ -> ]Also, how do I put it that there is a image next to username telling is player online or offline. How do I make that text to normal when offline saying " is offline " and if online the green text says " online "?

Thank you.

What..? You just copied my text?
Bump.
Bump.
Right now the thread views are increased via showthread.php - I have not looked into it, but I fear that if you were to first check if a user has already viewed the thread then you would have to run a query on it every time a viewer viewed. That is maybe not ideal. What you could do is just disable the whole views function. Drastic, I know.

If you wanted to make it that the view thread did not increment when the thread author viewed it then that can be achieved with a simple core edit.
(2012-11-07, 12:02 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Right now the thread views are increased via showthread.php - I have not looked into it, but I fear that if you were to first check if a user has already viewed the thread then you would have to run a query on it every time a viewer viewed. That is maybe not ideal. What you could do is just disable the whole views function. Drastic, I know.

If you wanted to make it that the view thread did not increment when the thread author viewed it then that can be achieved with a simple core edit.

So what you are saying, is that I should disable viewing? And what you mean by " If you wanted to make it that the view thread did not increment when the thread author viewed it then that can be achieved with a simple core edit. "?
(2012-11-07, 01:19 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]This :

http://community.mybb.com/post-926686.html#pid926686

Sorry, but what should I do to that code?
Aastra, that is the code you change in the core file.