MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Group CSS Not Working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm trying to use a plugin called Group CSS, located here: http://mods.mybb.com/view/group-post-css and unfortunately, it's not working. I'm using the latest MyBB 1.6.7 and upon researching, I found that there were some changes in the later versions of MyBB and this plugin was written for an earlier version of MyBB. I did attempt the methods here: http://community.mybb.com/thread-124066.html , to no avail.

In attempt to investigate the issue further, I checked the postbit templates and saw that the gpcss field was there, as shown below:

{$ignore_bit}
<a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a>
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder" style="{$post_extra_style} {$post_visibility}" id="post_{$post['pid']}">
	<tbody>
		<tr>
			<td class="tcat">
				<div class="float_left smalltext">
					{$post['postdate']}, {$post['posttime']} <span id="edited_by_{$post['pid']}">{$post['editedmsg']}</span>
				</div>
				{$post['posturl']}
			</td>
		</tr>

<tr>
			<td class="trow1 {$unapproved_shade}" style="{$post['gpcss1']}"    >
				<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0" style="width: 100%;">
					<tr>
						<td class="post_avatar" width="1" style="{$post['avatar_padding']}">
							{$post['useravatar']}
						</td>
						<td class="post_author">
							<strong><span class="largetext">{$post['profilelink']}</span></strong> {$post['onlinestatus']}<br />
							<span class="smalltext">
								{$post['usertitle']}<br />
								{$post['userstars']}
								{$post['groupimage']}
							</span>
						</td>
						<td class="smalltext post_author_info" width="165">
							{$post['user_details']}{$post['ougc_awards']}
						</td>
					</tr>
				</table>
			</td>
		</tr>

<tr>
			<td class="trow2 post_content {$unapproved_shade}" style="{$post['gpcss2']}"    >
				<span class="smalltext"><strong>{$post['icon']}{$post['subject']} {$post['subject_extra']}</strong></span>

<div class="post_body" id="pid_{$post['pid']}">
					{$post['message']}
				</div>
				{$post['attachments']}
				{$post['signature']}

<div class="post_meta" id="post_meta_{$post['pid']}">
				{$post['iplogged']}
				</div>
			</td>
		</tr>

<tr>
			<td class="trow1 post_buttons {$unapproved_shade}" style="{$post['gpcss3']}" style="" style="" style="" style="">
				<div class="author_buttons float_left">
					{$post['button_email']}{$post['button_pm']}{$post['button_www']}{$post['button_find']}{$post['button_rep']}
				</div>
				<div class="post_management_buttons float_right">{$post['button_edit']}{$post['button_quickdelete']}{$post['button_quote']}{$post['button_multiquote']}{$post['button_report']}{$post['button_warn']}{$post['button_reply_pm']}{$post['button_replyall_pm']}{$post['button_forward_pm']}{$post['button_delete_pm']}
				</div>
			</td>
		</tr>
	</tbody>
</table>

But it still does not work on the default theme nor my custom theme. I also checked mySQL and all the necessary fields exist.

Though I'm not familiar with CSS (I'm primarily a C++ programmer), I tried using the following in the area the plugin provides to enter the CSS code:

background: #FF33FF;

and of course, nothing happened or changed.

Any ideas or suggestions to get this working (or an alternative)? I can modify any template files, forum files, or system files as necessary.

Thanks in advance,
Christopher