MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New Reputation system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Reputation can be earned two ways. The first way is by posting. For every 25 posts you make (which includes topics and replies) you will earn 1 reputation power. The second way to earn reputation is to be rewarded with it. For every 100 reputation points you are given you will earn 1 reputation power.

Also the amount of rep you can give corresponds to your current reputation POWER. Do not get rep points and rep power confused. You can only give reputation ten times a day.
These are the maximum amount of rep points different types of users can give:
Non-gold member = 25 rep
Gold member = 50 rep
Section moderator = 75 rep
Global moderator & Admin = 100 rep

You can edit ^ in ACP

When you give someone reputation points you do not lose the points you have. The only way you can lose rep points is by being given negative rep. Rep should not be used as a currency, it should be a reward for doing something nice or making a helpful topic. Rep can also be decreased or reset in the ACP

Also if you get a rep power for posting and if your post gets deleted, you will still have the rep power, but instead of 25 posts to next power, it will be 26 because it got deleted. Another thing is that when you have posted 24 times, and when it goes to 1 post to earn a rep power. Then you make another post and it says 25 posts to next rep power. You won't get the rep power until you make another post, so it will be 24 posts until next rep power, and you will have your next rep power.

Rep power colors but you can change them in ACP:
[Image: rep_green.gif]
[Image: rep_greenh.gif]
[Image: rep_gold.gif]
[Image: rep_blue.gif]

To get to the next color you have to have five of the same colors and also if you hover of the rep it should say something, so for the first color it will say something, then the second color will say something and so on, you can change it in the ACP. [Image: vFuIr.png]

Also there is no Neutral rep. Only + and - and the - can be disabled in the ACP.

Guest can't view who gave you rep and other members can't view who gave you rep.

This is what you will see on your profile.
[Image: V8rWK.png?1]

Edit: Also users will not be able to rep the same person after they just gave them rep until the user gives rep to a different user, then they can rep the first user again. And if they want to rep them again after the second time, they will have to do the same thing as I said above. Also they can only give rep to 10 users every 24 hours, and they don't stack.
Is this a paid request?
No, it's a free request.
(2012-11-10, 08:28 PM)MYBB GHOST Wrote: [ -> ]No, it's a free request.

Doubt your gonna get this created for free.
I have to agree with Frank - that is a major overhaul of the reputation system and with 1.8 around the corner most plugin authors would be waiting to see what changes there are in 1.8 before working on BIG plugins.
(2012-11-10, 09:50 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]I have to agree with Frank - that is a major overhaul of the reputation system and with 1.8 around the corner most plugin authors would be waiting to see what changes there are in 1.8 before working on BIG plugins.

A little off topic but since we are here anyway, will the new version, 1.8x change things drastically? I am asking because I am in process of writing a blog mod and a word press and drupal bridge for a customer of mine. If things will be changed drastically in the new version I better wait then.
Things will be changed, but 1.8 is seen as more of a "facelift" to the 1.6 series rather than a complete rewrite of the code.

There are several changes, but from a developer standpoint I think the biggest change will be that 1.8 will be using jQuery as it's library.
(2012-11-10, 10:25 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Things will be changed, but 1.8 is seen as more of a "facelift" to the 1.6 series rather than a complete rewrite of the code.

There are several changes, but from a developer standpoint I think the biggest change will be that 1.8 will be using jQuery as it's library.

I remember seeing a few screenshots with the new look. It looks very nice.

I am glad to see that qua coding structure it won''t be a major change.
(2012-11-10, 09:50 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]I have to agree with Frank - that is a major overhaul of the reputation system and with 1.8 around the corner most plugin authors would be waiting to see what changes there are in 1.8 before working on BIG plugins.

I hope someone will make it for 1.8 then.
(2012-11-10, 10:52 PM)MYBB GHOST Wrote: [ -> ]

I hope someone will make it for 1.8 then.

This will require quite some work. Unless someone has way too much time in their hands and it is bored out of his/her mind or is filthy rich and does not need money, I doubt it too that you will find someone to code it.
Pages: 1 2