MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "subject too long"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How to get rid of it ??

[Image: aFaCj.jpg]
Sorry, but why are you putting an 85+ character subject?
I'm gonna go ahead an poke my head out a bit here and say something rude, put the content in the post and use the subject line as intended.

... and if you insist on not having content in the post, do some research yourself.

http://yaldaram.com/thread-5004.html
(2012-11-04, 06:35 AM)Nobby Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, but why are you putting an 85+ character subject?

oh please that happens when somebody replies to a thread which has used all the size available for the title and while replying it adds a RE: in front of it and it goes out of bounds, its a bug in mybb.
+ Please add a little more detail to your questions.

"How to get ride of it" and a picture doesn't help that much.
It's not a bug, it's a 85 character limitation

You can easily remove the "RE:" if needed, you can even edit the entire subject line.

There really should be some limit as to how much content can be placed into a subject line, can you imagine how awful things would start looking once people realize they don't need to use the body of a post anymore and just put it all into the subject.

Anyhow, I've given you the tool(s) you needed to make the needed changes already.
(2012-11-04, 07:07 AM)Royel Wrote: [ -> ]It's not a bug, it's a 85 character limitation

You can easily remove the "RE:" if needed, you can even edit the entire subject line.

There really should be some limit as to how much content can be placed into a subject line, can you imagine how awful things would start looking once people realize they don't need to use the body of a post anymore and just put it all into the subject.

Anyhow, I've given you the tool(s) you needed to make the needed changes already.
it is a bug which appeared with the 1.6.8 and will be fixed in next version.

and people dont get a chance to remove the RE: if they are using the quick reply..

What i want to know is where do i remove the RE: template if its possible ??
You need to edit the showthread quickreply template

Find:
<input type="hidden" name="subject" value="RE: {$thread['subject']}" />

Make it

<input type="hidden" name="subject" value="{$thread['subject']}" />

Do the same on new reply.
(2012-11-04, 07:44 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]You need to edit the showthread quickreply template

Find:
<input type="hidden" name="subject" value="RE: {$thread['subject']}" />

Make it

<input type="hidden" name="subject" value="{$thread['subject']}" />

Do the same on new reply.

Thanks you so much leefish, i guess this is what i was looking for, but not finding anything like this in new rely template ??
Well, I already did this to my templates long ago, so I cannot find the original code line Big Grin

Maybe there is no RE in New reply.
Pages: 1 2