MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help: BON Forums Security has been Infected by Attacks and Malwares
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Guys, I am having a major problem regarding my site. You see, when someone is browsing on my site using Google Chrome browser, it detects that my site has a malware. Can you help me guys?? Also, please help me secure my website for Everyone and God's sake?? Sad Thanks!

Visit my website and say something about my security: BON Forums
there are some malicious java script in your chat box so if you don't want to get suspicious in google's eye i suggest you to remove the chat box
(2012-11-04, 09:27 AM)A N K E S H Wrote: [ -> ]there are some malicious java script in your chat box so if you don't want to get suspicious in google's eye i suggest you to remove the chat box
Sir, that was a sample of an attack. I don't know how to prevent it. Sad
Your site was hacked. Change all of your passwords - cPanel, email, FTP, database, administrator account - and reupload all of the javascript files in ./jscripts/ from a fresh download. All of your javascript files have been injected with malicious code. You should also reupload any javascript files from plugins such as thx.js, myalerts.js, etc..

You should then check your raw access logs to find out when and how the attacker gained access. Perhaps you were using an older version of MyBB or a plugin? It's important to know how they got in to ensure the issue is patched.

I would highly advise scanning your computer for malware in case you have any malicious software installed.
I'd also check with your bank for any payments made from your account which you haven't authorized. Apparently a lot of sites have been hit with this attack and many people are having their banking details stolen.
Oh my God! I've been hacked! Okay! Thanks a lot sir Nathan! For everything. Smile Now, I will get my vengeance to this persons who hack my site. I will never ever forgive them! :@ Also sir, only the javascripts has been infected??

YES sir! I think I install a keylogger on this computer the last time. Hmmmmm, gotta find out!

Also sir, all of my plugins in mybb are all up to date. Perhaps there is a hacker looking at this one.

Sir Nathan, only the javascript should I upload? Thanks! Big Grin
Only the javascript files have been injected from what I can see, but you should run a File Verification from the ACP to make sure no other files have been modified.
(2012-11-04, 12:55 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Only the javascript files have been injected from what I can see, but you should run a File Verification from the ACP to make sure no other files have been modified.
Aw, thank you sir! Since, I am a good hacker, I have patience who those who did this to me! But, if they will do it again on my site! I will give them no mercy! :mad: How can I do a File Verification from the ACP sir??
ACP > Tools & Maintenance > File Verification
(2012-11-04, 01:24 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]ACP > Tools & Maintenance > File Verification
Okay sir! I'll apply it now sir! Thanks! Smile

Sir, check my site sir. I finish uploading the javascript files. Now, this time, the site won't open.

Help me sir!

MySQL has now receive some errors! Please anyone? Help me!
Pages: 1 2