MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Raspberry Pi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2012-11-04, 08:15 PM)Mini` Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-04, 07:34 PM)Lo. Wrote: [ -> ]I put an order in and it will ship before christmass I'm told, so it's not that bad. The new 512 model is out aswell

I know! Exciting Wink I just wish they could do something more with it... I've read that it's hard for them to beef it up much more because they want to keep the $35 price tag. A 1gb RAM and beefier processor would be cool for closer to $100. I'd probably buy it. The sheer size is what attracts me the most.

(2012-11-04, 07:45 PM)WebOutfit Wrote: [ -> ]I was going to pick one up for a system in my car. I'll let you know if I do.
Sounds awesome! What are you planning on?

(2012-11-04, 08:06 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]I've been meaning to for a while. I can think of several great uses for it.
Yessir! I really wish I could afford multiple right now... Ideally I'd like to have one to play around with, one to throw on the big screen TV, and one to try hosting a personal(very very low traffic) site. The size and the price are just too awesome. Although I could potentially pay a lot more due to being in the US :/
I may get in a rush and just buy one off eBay.

To flash tunes and setups on the fly.
(2012-11-04, 08:31 PM)Fábio Maia Wrote: [ -> ]I am looking into getting one myself, or something similar to it like the many clones that are readily available. But I got my Arduino kit a few weeks ago so I will be busy playing with it for some time. There is indeed a lot of new things like the Raspberry Pi being worked on, so waiting might actually be a good idea.
Do you know any projects specifically? I had trouble finding many under $100.
I'll buy one when they release the version with an official case. And, I'll probably just set up a LAMP kind of set up and use it for testing orange Toungue.
(2012-11-04, 08:42 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]I'll buy one when they release the version with an official case. And, I'll probably just set up a LAMP kind of set up and use it for testing orange Toungue.

ACTUALLY, college students with access to 3d printers sell them quite often.
I've had an idea that a Model A RasPi would be suited well to due to the reduced power consumption (actually two, one requiring facial feature tracking and being wearable; and the other is building a Portal Turret for Airsoft). I'd also like to try out using the B as a small local DNS cache/server.
(2012-11-04, 10:12 PM)Firestryke31 Wrote: [ -> ](actually two, one requiring facial feature tracking and being wearable; and the other is building a Portal Turret for Airsoft).
Oh my... Portal Turret sounds like a cool winter project. Wink
(2012-11-04, 09:56 PM)Lo. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-04, 08:42 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]I'll buy one when they release the version with an official case. And, I'll probably just set up a LAMP kind of set up and use it for testing orange Toungue.

I know they have them but I just want to buy it with the case instead of separately.
(2012-11-04, 11:42 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]

I know they have them but I just want to buy it with the case instead of separately.

I really like this one...
http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewto...40&t=21682

I feel like with it you could easily throw a small fan in somehow as it allows room for expansion.
(2012-11-05, 12:13 AM)Mini` Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-04, 11:42 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]

I really like this one...
http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewto...40&t=21682

I feel like with it you could easily throw a small fan in somehow as it allows room for expansion.

I think you should get this one

http://www.raspberrypi.org/wp-content/up...0x496.jpeg
I like it. However I'm going for something small. Quite honestly my plan for the Pi is to play with it at home for a while. And then stick it at my friends house with Lighttpd on it and use it for my personal site and possibly download things to it using his internet... Seeing as my internet is 1.5mbps/300kbps and his is 20mbps/5mbps. Since I'm there practically everyday it would be nice to use his DL speed Wink
Pages: 1 2 3