MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Everything Seems Broken
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings:

I migrated our private staff forums over a year ago from vB3.7 to MyBB. We have half a million posts and 12 years of history, so manipulating the data is very sensitive/important. Unfortunately, everything seems pretty broken.

We tried to upgrade, but were unable to as indicated in this thread. Nobody was able to help us, including Paul. Eventually we had to abandon the upgrade. Separately, anytime I attempt to install or uninstall mods, I encounter database issues relating to table creation. When I look at the database, the tables exist, but they don't seem to be generating correctly or aren't properly read.

I'd pay for support. Need someone who can be gentle with our data and get us back up-to-date and operating smoothly. Thanks for considering. Sad
Could I have a link to your website please?
(2012-11-05, 06:14 PM)taylor_smith Wrote: [ -> ]Greetings:

I migrated our private staff forums over a year ago from vB3.7 to MyBB. We have half a million posts and 12 years of history, so manipulating the data is very sensitive/important. Unfortunately, everything seems pretty broken.

We tried to upgrade, but were unable to as indicated in this thread. Nobody was able to help us, including Paul. Eventually we had to abandon the upgrade. Separately, anytime I attempt to install or uninstall mods, I encounter database issues relating to table creation. When I look at the database, the tables exist, but they don't seem to be generating correctly or aren't properly read.

I'd pay for support. Need someone who can be gentle with our data and get us back up-to-date and operating smoothly. Thanks for considering. Sad

I can have a look into this.

What are the exact db errors btw?
Thank you very much. It's private, but the address is http://staff.stratics.com. If you create an account using your account name here, I will grant visibility. Meanwhile, I've copied some errors below.

[Image: error1aw.png]

[Image: error2zk.png]

[Image: error3yx.png]

[Image: staffforumssql.png]

[Image: staffforumssql2.png]

New error. Can't perform backup:

[Image: backuperror.png]
The first 2 errors point to tables which appear missing in the db. Whereas the last error is related to server and it is also reporting crashing table which should be repaired.

Do you have your own vps/dedicated box or are you in a shared server?
It's a VPS.

Thing about the missing table errors is that, when I dig into the database, the tables are there. But if I try to delete the tables, it gives me another error about them being missing. Nevertheless, I can see the tables sitting there in the db.
(2012-11-05, 09:24 PM)taylor_smith Wrote: [ -> ]It's a VPS.

Thing about the missing table errors is that, when I dig into the database, the tables are there. But if I try to delete the tables, it gives me another error about them being missing. Nevertheless, I can see the tables sitting there in the db.

This looks like a complicated issue and it would need some digging at your forum and db in order to pinpoint the exact issue and fix it.

Because you post the error message and we tell you what causes it and you say that the tables reported as missing are there. In that case the error message does not make sense at all.

Imo it would be better if you hired someone to look into this for you or find someone who can do it for free.