MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mergin useraccounts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry if this as been asked,

So basically i have a few forums, say for 1 and 2

Forum 1 as got loads of active users, but i want forum 1 users to be able to use the same username and password to log in to forum 2, is it possible.

If it is will there be anyway of doing the same for more forums like forum 3 and forum 4 ect
use the mybb merge system>merge both forum>choose 1database you want to use. If it is database1 or database2.. If you use database1
Edit forum1 config.php located @ inc/config.php

Open it find the following
Database name: put the database name of the database you have merge both forum1 &2

Database username:
Database :password of corz
Table prefix: your prefix on the database you merge as 1.

Now open forum2 config.php

Make it desame on config.php of
Forum 1. Thats it.

Just give me reputation instead of thanks.

If you dont get it. Ill do it for you
lol that's awesome my friend Big Grin
did it work already bro? I use desame method on my 2 site. Site1.com and site2.net haha

if you need help just pm me.
After a forum is merged to another forum, all passwords and usernames, groups, admins, mods, etc will stay.
thanks for the reputation man
aye that what i want, i will be doing this soon, will it work same way for a 3rd site?

ok now i have run the merge successively, if someone signs up to lets say forum 1 will they automatically moved to forum 2 or 3

I don't want the forum/category's the same just the username and passwords moved across and for new users to be automatically moved over
pm sent
Sent you pm back Smile

H4ck3D i have sent you a pm

Nice work H4ck3D