MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can MyBB be Themed to Look Like This?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Can MyBB be themed to look like this?
http://forums.majorgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20

I'm guessing that site uses an older vBulletin, which I would never use. And vBulletin's 4.x looks terrible.
Why couldn't it? It's basic HTML and an image or two.
(2012-11-05, 11:56 PM)WebOutfit Wrote: [ -> ]Why couldn't it? It's basic HTML and an image or two.

I asked you first! ... How should I know? lol Smile

See, this is why I still hang around MyBB... knowledgeable, helpful members.
Sure, any theme for any software will work on any other as well, it's just a matter of learning what/where you have to edit.
Yeah, but I don't know why you'd want to.
(2012-11-06, 12:23 AM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]Sure, any theme for any software will work on any other as well, it's just a matter of learning what/where you have to edit.

The more CSS and HTML that I learn in an effort to "do it myself", the more I'm determined to pay for this type of work to be done for me... lol.
(2012-11-06, 01:30 AM)ESR360 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, but I don't know why you'd want to.

Other people have different likes and dislikes then you do. Respect it.
(2012-11-06, 01:30 AM)ESR360 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, but I don't know why you'd want to.

I'm replying to your post not because it is relevant to my original post; it's off topic. I'm instead replying to your post in hopes it may help you and/or other readers.

I would want to learn whether MyBB could be themed like that other site so I could gain a better understanding of MyBB's flexibility - which would encourage me (and others) to use MyBB. And, I may then want to use a theme like that other site to better attract the type of prospective members and clients that I'm wanting (as opposed to teenagers for example).

As recently posted, people have different likes and dislikes (preferences). And forums often serve different purposes. For example, it would make little sense to use a cartoon or gaming type of theme for a business related forum.
I think the theme MyVB is what you need now.
(2012-11-06, 08:23 AM)NNT_ Wrote: [ -> ]I think the theme MyVB is what you need now.

You watch now - someone will come up with an actual theme named MyVB.
Pages: 1 2 3