MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Make forum all browser compatible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="jscripts/tipTip.css">

You may have neglected to close an element, or perhaps you meant to "self-close" an element, that is, ending it with "/>" instead of ">"

This is the first error I get. Should I be putting a /> at the very end of this code?

Thanks.
Yes. You will see this on several issues - things like image src as well. MyBB has a doctype of XHTML Transitional. This means it expects all tags to be closed in a certain way and does not allow nesting of tags in the wrong way.

Most common errors:

Tags not closed properly, attributes incorrect (missing alt, using & instead of &amp; ),tags nested incorrectly - eg a div inside a span and open and closing tags not matching eg
<div><span></div></span> will fail.
I am getting a lot of these...

value of attribute "valign" cannot be "center"; must be one of "top", "middle", "bottom", "baseline"

The value of the attribute is defined to be one of a list of possible values but in the document it contained something that is not allowed for that type of attribute. For instance, the “selected” attribute must be either minimized as “selected” or spelled out in full as “selected="selected"”; a value like “selected="true"” is not allowed.

The code is...

<td class="trow1" valign="center" align="center" style="white-space: nowrap"><d…

I am not sure what to do here.
Valign or vertical align can't be center (only top,middle,bottom and baseline),valign attribute sets the vertical alignment of an element inside the table cell. (example http://jsfiddle.net/NFMX2/2/ ).By default (on mybb theme) valign is set to top.
So do I just ignore them? If I change it from center to top,middle,bottom, or baseline it will mess it up?

Actually I am messing with that fiddle link you gave me and it looks like center and middle do the same thing? Am I wrong?
There is no center in valign attribute,only
top - will vertical align all content inside table cell to top
middle - will vertical align all content inside table cell to middle
bottom - will vertical align all content inside table cell to bottom
baseline - will apply the baseline of the parent element
Yeah I understand that. But if I change it from center to one of those then it will mess it up right?

valign is vertical align. So up and down. Center = middle to me?
middle will "center" it vertically. align="center" will center it horizontally.
Thats what I was looking for. Thanks Leefish... Again!

Also, I just changed a "align" from center to middle. went from 138 errors to 164. Noticed it was a "align" and not a "valign" so i changed it back. Now i have 112 errors?
Content won't mess up,currently valign tag isn't applying any vertical align due the fact that value center doesn't exist in valign attribute.
Pages: 1 2 3