MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Help request] Modifying nav tree
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heya!

First, let me explain the situation. I'm using the MyBB portal as my homepage, so I used the instructions in this thread to rename index.php to forum.php, and portal.php to index.php. It worked well enough, and I was able to fix some of the errors that came about because of the renaming, but there's one thing I wasn't able to fix: the nav tree. Basically, I want the nav tree to look something like this:

Quote:Site Name (1) / Community Forums (2) / Forum Category / Forum Name / Current thread, forum, etc.

Legend:
(1) - The portal page (index.php, formerly portal.php)
(2) - The forum main page (forum.php, formerly index.php)

I was able to get the main (portal) page to show the site name simply by commenting out the breadcrumb in the source code. The problem begins when you go to the forums — the forum index shows only the site name, and it's not a link. I was able to get to look like

Quote:Site Name / Community Forums

by adding a breadcrumb to forum.php, but that's not a real fix. When you enter a category, subforum, or thread, you get something like

Quote:Site Name / Forum Category / Forum Name / Current thread, forum, etc.

As you can see, the link to the forum disappears. Any ideas on how to fix it? It'd be much appreciated. Thanks! =^^=
Bumpy goodness...

It's not that big a deal, but surely this can't be that difficult? =^^=

-P.S.- If no one can help me on this, can someone at least tell me where to start looking so I can figure it out for myself? Right now, I'm stumped. Big Grin
[Image: bump.gif]

This is the last time. If no one can help me with this, then I'm afraid I'll have to let this die an inglorious death. Sad
Open global.php
Find:
$navbits[0]['name'] = $mybb->settings['bbname'];
$navbits[0]['url'] = $mybb->settings['bburl']."/index.php";
Change to:
$navbits[0]['name'] = $mybb->settings['bbname'];
$navbits[0]['url'] = $mybb->settings['bburl']."/index.php";
/* This is the forum part */
$navbits[1]['name'] = "Some name here";/* $mybb->settings['bbname']; */
$navbits[1]['url'] = $mybb->settings['bburl']."/forums.php";
Thanks for replying, CraKteR. =^^=

That change solved most of the problem, but not all of it. The missing "Community Forums" link while browsing through the forum is a non-issue now (ie. it's been fixed), but there's another thing... Now, the portal page shows

Quote:Site Name / Community Forums

Is there any way to remove that breadcrumb from the portal page (index.php) and make it show just the site name? Or perhaps remove the entire navbits from the portal page (and only the portal page; the other pages will still show the navbits)?

Once again, thanks CraKteR! =^^=

Edit: Nevermind, I figured out how to do that last part. Thanks for putting up with me! Big Grin