MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Task not running
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I am trying to make my first plugin with a task, and all is working fine - except the task is not running as scheduled, it only runs when I manually launch the task.

Task file attached, can anyone help?
What are your task options set to? Screenshot it? I too recently had problem due to misconfiguration of proper task values.
This is the settings
Why keep values for both? (hours and minutes).

Anyways,

for minutes, try: 0,45

and for hours, 0,16
but that would make it run twice per day. I only want it to run once.

It has an hours and minutes cos i was testing and dont want to wait for an hour Big Grin
Your actual task settings seem fine to me. You could possibly try setting minutes to * and leave hours as is and see if works then. I assume other tasks are running? I also assume that you know tasks only run if there is activity on your board at the scheduled time?
(2012-11-06, 04:05 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]but that would make it run twice per day. I only want it to run once.

It has an hours and minutes cos i was testing and dont want to wait for an hour Big Grin
That would run once.

0,16 hours meaning, run at 16:00 hours.
By activity, what do you mean? Someone logged in?

I was logged in all the time. I also made some test posts to be sure there was something to send. All other tasks are running fine. it is just this one.
Ok, I set the hours to * and the minutes to 12 (to test) and made sure I was clicking about on the board and it ran.

So I am confused. Are you saying that if there is NOBODY on the board and the time to send a task passes then the task will just fail??
I think so, yeah. There has to be somebody loading the page to hit the task.php file (which is included as a 1px x 1px image at the bottom of the page). I don't know if it checks for outstanding tasks or not though - I've never looked into it in any kind of depth.
Pages: 1 2 3