MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Time to validate on MyBB mods site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Almost 2 months ago, I did a small fix to a plugin I have published on MyBB Mods site, and it's still awaiting validation.

http://mods.mybb.com/view/quick-theme-onchange
GUID: 01d65dc78eac227f93dd09b143fccd35

Is this normal? I understand the staff work on a voluntary basis to review mods, but long time frames like this for a small plugin will harm the MyBB community willingness to contribute using the "official" channels.
what to do Smile
The process is entirely manual and depends on how much time we as staff members have to spare. Hopefully this will be fixed in the new mods system.

Anyway, I'll validate yours in just a minute.
(2012-11-06, 07:23 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]The process is entirely manual and depends on how much time we as staff members have to spare. Hopefully this will be fixed in the new mods system.

Anyway, I'll validate yours in just a minute.

Just out of curiosity, any estimated eta when the new mod system will be implemented?
Likely when we update the rest of the site for the 1.8 release.
(2012-11-06, 08:31 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Likely when we update the rest of the site for the 1.8 release.

Thank you for the reply. Looking forward to when the new system is implemented. Hopefully it will reduce the mod approval process time.
You know I feel terrible to just bother people about plugin validation. Is there anything that a normal member can do to help the staff with their workload?

I don't have tons of time, but I would be willing to help. After all, MyBB is such a great community it would be fair to give back. Smile

In any event, hats off to the staff here.
Same here wildcard. Not hats off its hats off and bow to the hard working staff here.
Should have a group of trusted plugin developers given permission to accept/deny to help the load. Or something like that anyway.
(2012-11-09, 08:13 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]Should have a group of trusted plugin developers given permission to accept/deny to help the load. Or something like that anyway.

+1 they wouldn't have to moderate, and would be interested in plugins, so they'd be more likely to check them and get them approved quickly. Maybe something like this for themes as well.
Pages: 1 2 3