MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: deleted the hole thread :(((((
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi every one

i use to have mybb 1.1.6 and when i wanted to delete a post in a thread i use to open the thread and go into it then their was a teack box next to each thread then i use to teack any of the boxes and delete the post today i did that in mybb 1.2.1 in a big thred that had 50 post i tried to delete a post I teack the box for that post so i went to the menu and select delete but it deleted the whole thread Sad(((

is their any way to get the thread back i have deactive my forum so no body can post yet

i have to get that thread back Sad( it was very important
If you delete the "first" post in the thread, you delete the whole thread. Sad

You can't recover the thread unless you have a very recent database backup that you can restore. Sad
i have a back up restore its from last week and i had 1.1.6 in that time when i backe it up can i restore that
Hi sajjad_h,

I can't really recommend anything other than to BACKUP YOUR EXISTING DATABASE and try restoring the old database.

For me (If the posts are that important) I would re-install 1.1.6 and restore your 1.1.6 database. Then upgrade again...

Things changed with v1.2.1 and it may be risky to try to combine old with new...

Please note: These are only suggestions.....

And "Please" wait until someone else comes along and gives you other solid opinions of the best way to recover the lost post's.

If you start trying to combine both versions... you may lose everything... Sad
i was thinking about that is well but where can i download 1.1.6
Wait a little while... As you may be able to extract the post's from the 'old' Db and integrate them into the new database.

That is beyond me I'm afraid and would need someone with an understanding of both the old and new Db..

So just hang in there for a little while... Wink
man whole my froum is stuffed up i need to restore it
Then you will have to wait for Admin to give you a path to v1.1.6 so that you can redo the whole process. It would no doubt be in the archives somewhere... v1.1.8, is but I can't find the post's relating to it... Maybe you want to try to find it Wink
Here you go.. mybb_116.zip
Thanks Bas... Smile

I couldn't find it anywhere... Sad

But I'm going to d/l it and keep it somewhere in among all of the other MyBB stuff... Just in case. Smile
Pages: 1 2