MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: restore backup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i restore a my old forum backup to new mybb. after restore it said to update and i updated and forum working perfect. but i can see there is my old forum plugins in this new one. so i need to remove all old plugins
can somebody tell me how to do it please Undecided

edit:- sorry for bad english
(2012-11-07, 04:11 PM)_Kitty_ Wrote: [ -> ]i restore a my old forum backup to new mybb. after restore it said to update and i updated and forum working perfect. but i can see there is my old forum plugins in this new one. so i need to remove all old plugins

The plugin settings were in the db backup that you restored. That is why they are appearing. Anyway, if you have the plugin files too then you can uninstall them from the plugin manager. Otherwise you can remove their settings directly from the db.
someone tell me please really need a help with this problem. and if you cant understand tell me i'll explain again

(2012-11-07, 04:58 PM)borbole Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-07, 04:11 PM)_Kitty_ Wrote: [ -> ]i restore a my old forum backup to new mybb. after restore it said to update and i updated and forum working perfect. but i can see there is my old forum plugins in this new one. so i need to remove all old plugins

The plugin settings were in the db backup that you restored. That is why they are appearing. Anyway, if you have the plugin files too then you can uninstall them from the plugin manager. Otherwise you can remove their settings directly from the db.
i don't have them. can you explain a bit how to remove them from db?
thnx for the reply :3
(2012-11-07, 04:58 PM)_Kitty_ Wrote: [ -> ]i don't have them. can you explain a bit how to remove them from db?
thnx for the reply :3

Sure, for example say that you have a plugin that has added its setting in the setting group option called custom_plugin with several settings in it. Imo it would be better to delete the settings for that plugin first like this:

DELETE FROM mybb_settings WHERE name IN('setting_1', 'setting_2', 'setting_3';)

That is if the mod has added 3 custom settings.

Then delete the setting group with this query:

DELETE FROM mybb_settinggroups WHERE name = 'custom_plugin';

This is assuming you had installed plugins that haven''t modifying the db in any other way by adding their custom fields in different tables and/or adding their custom tables in the db.

P.s. The names of the settings mentioned in the query above are examples. You should replace them with the setting names of the plugins that you want to remove.
Thanks you soooo much really helpful answer. now i know how to remove them and already removed some plugins. google seo little bit wired but i think i can manage it Smile thank you again
(2012-11-07, 05:15 PM)_Kitty_ Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks you soooo much really helpful answer. now i know how to remove them and already removed some plugins. google seo little bit wired but i think i can manage it Smile thank you again

You are welcome. Glad to have been of help Smile