MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: eBookMadness - New eBook and Monetizing forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
No I have actually started getting round to removing them as I'm currently doing it just now. I had a look over my website and thought I've got way too many for the type of forum it actually is.

And I know I have one of the popular premium theme's but its nice. And tabs doesn't obviously mean traffic don't try to make me look stupid. When I made new tabs and posted a few forum in them, I had seen a huge change on the hit's I was getting.

Although thank's for your feedback that time.
In my opinion you shouldn't be removing just a few tabs, you should be removing them all. The only time I see tabs as a necessary and useful feature is when your forum is so big and has so many sections, that it makes it a lot easier to navigate. HF is a great example, it has many many sections, but they are all active and necessary. Scrolling would be a pain so tabs comes in to play nicely. And seriously, you adding tabs and sections has no part to play on your traffic at all, so I have no idea why you are bringing it up.

Your forum doesn't need many sections at all, you add them as you grow, so why the need for any tabs? The theme is fine - it just doesn't help your site become unique at all.
Yeah I know what your saying about it all and yeah it does make it easier to navigate the website that's the main reason I started using tabs in the first place, due to the fact I hate too much on the same page. I'm taking what you've said in to consideration although I'm not removing them all. I've removed gaming, graphics, webmaster and coding all the off topic ones which shouldn't of been there in the first place now I look back at it.

I didn't mean to say tabs has anything to do with traffic, although when I made the tab and posted a thread inside one of the sections, there was people viewing it straight away. It was obviously just people on my forum at the time it happened but I know it has nothing to do with traffic.
(2012-11-09, 08:15 PM)DEFQON1 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I know what your saying about it all and yeah it does make it easier to navigate the website that's the main reason I started using tabs in the first place, due to the fact I hate too much on the same page. I'm taking what you've said in to consideration although I'm not removing them all. I've removed gaming, graphics, webmaster and coding all the off topic ones which shouldn't of been there in the first place now I look back at it.

My point about easier to navigate is when your forum has a lot of sections. HF requires a lot of sections and they are all active, your site doesn't require any more than 10 really, just like my site doesn't, and hardly anyone else's does either. Tabs are just unnecessary, period. I'm not sure how clicking instead of scrolling small amounts makes things easier to navigate if your section count is low.
(2012-11-08, 08:56 PM)Dollar Wrote: [ -> ]Copied my forum idea. So original..

How can I copy your forum? I don't even have a clue who you are. You need to get a grip.
Pages: 1 2