MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: eBookMadness - New eBook and Monetizing forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: logo.png]

eBookMadness is a community dedicated to eBooks and monetizing. Even though the domain says eBookMadness we still have our off topic sections such as, Graphics, Gaming, Marketplace and a handy support section for those that like to help.

If you would like to have a look or maybe even register feel free to go to the following link:

http://www.ebookmadness.co.uk/index.php

Note: The forum has not long launched so there's still little on the forums. I'm adding to it most of the time with a few other members. If you feel like you could contribute in any way then please post.

Thank's much appreciated guys!
Please explain the need for 10 tabs.
Why not? there's an eBook section and the rest are off topic. Keeps the forum tidy instead of having too much on one page. I did have less but decided to add some extra.
but your forum is about eBooks, why do you need graphics, coding, 2 eBook marketplaces, webmaster,gaming, and for your support tab, could at least add writing support.

and by looking at your tabs, are you from HF?
Copied my forum idea. So original..
Can you explain on what niche your site is based on !!!???!!!
Is that an Ebook related or another HF Clone ???
eBook Related with a few more tabs that I must admit was inspired from HF. Although it's not allowing half of the things HF allows. And I put off topic forums due to me being a designer and a like to code myself plus other people do as well.

Why not have extra tabs for other things on your forum? even if there off topic. There's absolute nothing wrong with it at all.
You have so many tabs it's ridiculous. Seriously just remove them... HF grew organically, it didn't ALWAYS have these mass amounts of off-topic sections. If you get a good amount of specific content like sports thread in the off-topic section, then you can introduce a sports section. That's how you grow and add different sections, that is the correct way.

"even if there off topic. There's absolute nothing wrong with it at all." Are you serious? That's ridiculous. You need to TARGET a niche, not just have everything there. Why would anyone sign up to your dead loaded inactive forum when they have HF for example? Target a niche, and improve your site so you can dominate it. What do you have more chance dominating, an ebook based forum or an everything general forum? Do you think WWE Forums would have thrived if it was an everything forum with a wrestling section? Of course not. Don't be so ignorant and listen to the ADVICE people are giving you.
Alright I see where your coming from. I may start to think about removing only some tabs but not the ones I have a personal interest for. In fact since I had put more tabs up I've been getting a lot more hits.

And your saying I'm being ignorant I've not said nothing that's ignorant although you have. I'm always wanting advice and way's to fix my forum but your an Administrator on a big forum dissing a website that was opened 2 days ago, that is ridiculous. You've not really gave me feedback apart from I have too many tabs which I'm starting to gather myself. Then you went on to explaining and comparing it to huge websites that's been up for years.
(2012-11-09, 03:18 PM)DEFQON1 Wrote: [ -> ]Alright I see where your coming from. I may start to think about removing only some tabs but not the ones I have a personal interest for. In fact since I had put more tabs up I've been getting a lot more hits.

Oh yeah, tabs = traffic. Lmao. You won't remove them because you have a "personal interest" in them? Classic webmaster skills. In all seriousness, focus on ebooks and money making. There shouldn't be any other sections or topics than those two, apart from the classic announcement section, off-topic section and introductions section. The rest need to be sections for your niche...

Quote:And your saying I'm being ignorant I've not said nothing that's ignorant although you have. I'm always wanting advice and way's to fix my forum but your an Administrator on a big forum dissing a website that was opened 2 days ago, that is ridiculous. You've not really gave me feedback apart from I have too many tabs which I'm starting to gather myself. Then you went on to explaining and comparing it to huge websites that's been up for years.

11 months actually. My feedback on your forum is that you have horrific tabs and too many sections. Otherwise there's not much to give feedback on, you don't have much content and you have one of the most popular premium themes. It's a niche people constantly try to go into and they all fail, but hey, good luck.
Pages: 1 2