MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Suggestion for bans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When a administrator bans a member from their forums, anyone with access to the modcp can lift that ban even if it was placed by a administrator. I suggest that a couple of settings be added to group settings to prevent lower ranked groups lifting bans from higher ranked groups like administrators.

Thanks.
That would be a good feature to turn on/off. Great Idea
I would support this. I'd also suggest that ban lists actually be searchable and sortable because if you have 1000+ banned accounts it is much easier to find the person if you can sort.
(2012-11-08, 11:50 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]I would support this. I'd also suggest that ban lists actually be searchable and sortable because if you have 1000+ banned accounts it is much easier to find the person if you can sort.

I already thought bans were searchable and sortable but if not, it'd be a good feature to add.

To add to my OP..

When a moderator tries banning a administrator, it gives a error saying the member their trying to ban has higher permissions. Maybe have it the same way for lifting bans?
They aren't. It is a pain every time I have to lift one person's ban to have to go through the whole list. As much as I'd like to run a direct query the problem is that it won't put them in the correct group and update caches properly. I'd rather not make a plugin for something that should be core.
Yeah this would be a good idea since I could see how annoying it would be for Administrators to set a ban only to find out that a Moderator had lifted it.
Good idea.
I like this idea, I don't like it when Mods unban someone I ban.
Most mods won't unban someone without good reason. Furthermore if they see that the user has been banned by an admin they are less likely to unban them.