MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme Upload Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All

Been trying to upload a theme but get the following message:

MyBB could not find the theme with the file you uploaded. Please check the file is the correct and is not corrupt.

I went through some threads and saw that this is a common problem and this is what I have done up to now and issue persists. I could not find a resolution on the forum. I have also attached the .xml file for perusal.

1. Looked at .xml file and at the bottom is the statement: </theme>
2. I have uploaded the theme image folder to the site's images folder prior to attesting the .xml upload.
3. I am trying to upload the theme "the cure" so file structure on site where images are located is: httpdocs>mybb>images>the cure/
4. This happens with all themes. I have tried a few
5. Site itself works perfectly
6. The cache folder, and all other folders, have writing permissions for admin user

If there is anything else, please let me know. Some help would be awesome.

Thanks

Mijasm
Hi.

Who is your web host? There is the possibility that your web host might not allow file uploads (if you are on a free host)
Did you enter "Ignore Theme Version"? I strike that every theme I upload. Try that, if not it may be your host, not allowing file uploads.