MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Integrating MyBB with cutenews
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is pretty basic, but some newbies like myself might need it Big Grin and please forgive the bad ehglish Wink
To include news into your mybb forums, you can use cutenews to display news right in your forums!

just put this simple code into global.php Big Grin
@ob_start();
$number=X; //  Replace X with the number of news articles u wanna show include "/path_to_cutenews/show_news.php";
$shownews = @ob_get_contents();
@ob_end_clean(); 
put the above code into global.php just above
// Load Main Templates and Cached Templates
if(isset($templatelist))
{
	$templatelist .= ',';
}
$templatelist .= 

This can be useful if you wann show mabye two or three news articles on the top of your forum index Big Grin Just put $shownews in the template where you want your news to appear Big Grin
You would be better to create a plugin for this sort of thing, or ask someone to do it for you; because modifying existing .php core files is a thing of the past... as far as I'm concerned it creates all sorts of difficulties with users like myself upgrading the MyBB core files...

A Plugin would be better... Wink
lol Toungue i'm a total noob at creating plugins Toungue could anyone here make a plugin outta this ??