MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Suggestion: Jump to first read
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I just have a quick suggestion if this feature is not already planned for a future version of myBB. Are you planning on adding a link to the forumdisplay page that allows you to jump directly to the first unread post in a thread? Most other forum software (vB, phpBB, IPB, etc.) has this implemented as a small arrow to the left of the thread name.
We have a "Last post" link in the right column, if that's what you mean Smile
Tochjo Wrote:We have a "Last post" link in the right column, if that's what you mean Smile
Yes, that's pretty close to my suggestion, except that seems to always link to the last post in the thread rather than the last post that I haven't read. For example, in this thread, 3 posts have been posted since I last visited. When I clicked the "Last post" link, it brought me to the last post (#6) instead of the last unread post (#4).
Similar to what vBulletin has. They have a link to the last post in the thread but also a link (to the left of the thread title) with an arrow that will take you to the first new thread since the last time you visited.
*Bump* Any word on this from the developers?
A much needed feature! Smile
I agree - I hate that I have to wade through a thread when I come back and try to remember what I've read already.

It's especially annoying on multipage threads like the RC3 announcement. Shy
I'm going to be adding this, just gotta whip up a new icon (the code is there and has been there since RC 1 Wink).

Chris
That's great! I'm looking forward to it.
Chris Boulton Wrote:I'm going to be adding this, just gotta whip up a new icon (the code is there and has been there since RC 1 Wink).

Chris
Great, thanks Chris!
Pages: 1 2