MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can I disable these?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to disable the icons for 'Hot Thread (New)'
'Contains Posts by You' and 'Hot Thread (No New)'? I really only want icons to show up for 'New' and 'No New' posts.

Thanks so much in advance!!! Big Grin
There's no setting for this purpose. If you want to do that you have to edit the core files in order to replace the icons and the template forumdisplay_threadlist to get rid of the icons in the legend you do not need.
Michael83 Wrote:There's no setting for this purpose. If you want to do that you have to edit the core files in order to replace the icons and the template forumdisplay_threadlist to get rid of the icons in the legend you do not need.

Thanks Michael!!

I know what you mean by going into the forumdisplay_threadlist and getting rid of the icons for each template... but what do you mean by editing the core files? Big Grin Thanks again!!
Open the file forumdosplay.php and change the following part to fit your needs. You have to change the name after $folder .= according to the names of the icons you want to be shown:
		if($thread['lastpost'] > $lastread && $lastread)
		{
			$folder .= "new";
			$folder_label .= $lang->icon_new;
			eval("\$gotounread = \"".$templates->get("forumdisplay_thread_gotounread")."\";");
			$unreadpost = 1;
		}
		else
		{
			$folder_label .= $lang->icon_no_new;
		}

if($thread['replies'] >= $mybb->settings['hottopic'] || $thread['views'] >= $mybb->settings['hottopicviews'])
		{
			$folder .= "hot";
			$folder_label .= $lang->icon_hot;
		}
		if($thread['closed'] == "yes")
		{
			$folder .= "lock";
			$folder_label .= $lang->icon_lock;
		}

if($moved[0] == "moved")
		{
			$folder .= "lock";