MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [WIP] Nuketown
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Recently I have been working on a design, just out of pure bordem. The design is largley based off an IPB skin I used 4 years ago, it was the best theme I'd ever seen so I wanted to essentially re-create it and re-vamp it.

http://i.imgur.com/YfMWD.jpg

Since I used a call of duty header image I have assigned the name "Nuketown" to the theme. It's still in early stages yet, but you defnitely have an idea of where it's going.

Thoughts?

EDIT:

Update 1: www.mybbwebdesign.com/wip/nuketownpreview2.png

Update 2: http://www.mybbwebdesign.com/wip/nuketownpreview3.png

Update 3: http://www.mybbwebdesign.com/wip/nuketownpreview4.png
I like it, the overall view of the theme and the colors used too all go together (blue/grey/white/black). I do think that the header links could do with a bit more work since they kind of are "just there" as of right now in my opinion.
Not complete enough to judge.
No offense but I always found all of Nanoskinners to be very similar (except NanoSpace and PS Gamer). This doesn't seem to be the exception.
It would be a good free theme from what I can tell, but I find it hard justifying selling this which I presume is your intent.
It feels like 2008 again! D:

No but seriously, imo drop the gloss in the header and background, the subtle gradients are nice and add enough contrast without the need for the very distracting background. Also I'd drop the opacity of the shadows as well.

Just my opinion, good luck with the design. ^.^
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Here is a the latest update:

www.mybbwebdesign.com/wip/nuketownpreview2.png

@omar, I guess it's just my particular style, although I will be branching out into different styles for my future skins.

Anxeity, I thought about it, there is no reason why I can't sell it, but I will probably use it to try and start up my old Call of Duty Forum (forumwarfare.com).

Thanks for the advice Eric, I took some of it on board Smile
Try making the drop shadows 'rgba(0,0,0,0.25)'. As they are right now they're a bit distracting. Also, the "glass" background where the grey header and the page 'body' meet doesn't line up right. You might also consider desaturating the red stats bar a bit and making it a touch darker.
(2012-11-10, 08:45 PM)Firestryke31 Wrote: [ -> ]Try making the drop shadows 'rgba(0,0,0,0.25)'. As they are right now they're a bit distracting. Also, the "glass" background where the grey header and the page 'body' meet doesn't line up right. You might also consider desaturating the red stats bar a bit and making it a touch darker.

It's still in photoshp stage, but I can still reduce the shadow Smile

I was toyng with your suggestion of the red statistics bar before you mentioned it, so yeah good shout.

"the "glass" background where the grey header and the page 'body' meet doesn't line up right." forgive me I read that several times and still can't figure out where you mean :p
You've got the light grey grungy background, then on top of that the outermost glass-like container with the drop shadow. There, where the light grey half meets the dark grey half, it's a pixel off. It looks like the same with the other side.

WRT the concept still in Photoshop, my shadow opacity suggestion translates directly to 25% opacity.
Pages: 1 2 3