MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Portfolio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm guessing this is the best place, since it isn't a MyBB theme. Was hoping to get some more feedback on my portfolio design before I get into coding it. (It's designed to be simplistic, and fully responsive)

http://i.minus.com/i6IiPlWbgj8Cb.png
I'm getting a site advisor message using Chrome after clicking that link.
Hm, odd, it's hosted on the popular image host Minus. xD
I like it. I don't like the HTML5/CSS3 logos coming off of the logo but it's not bad. Only thing I can suggest is to fill up the space a bit more. Maybe boche style (low opacity) bubbles around the content or something. It just feels empty with the only content being those 3 themes which take up a lot of space each. Good work though. (maybe I'll have to showcase the one I've been working on here too Wink)
Needs bigger focus on content. Very clean layout, but maybe too clean. Bigger images would be better, with maybe one or two per row.
(2012-11-09, 07:54 PM)WebOutfit Wrote: [ -> ]I like it. I don't like the HTML5/CSS3 logos coming off of the logo but it's not bad. Only thing I can suggest is to fill up the space a bit more. Maybe boche style (low opacity) bubbles around the content or something. It just feels empty with the only content being those 3 themes which take up a lot of space each. Good work though. (maybe I'll have to showcase the one I've been working on here too Wink)

Yeah, I still need to add a sort option for Design and Code, and there will be a lot more than those three once it goes live, hopefully that helps the emptiness a bit.

(2012-11-09, 07:59 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Needs bigger focus on content. Very clean layout, but maybe too clean. Bigger images would be better, with maybe one or two per row.

Well, on cellphones it'll probably be 1 per row, but on larger screens I wanted it to fit a few there. I'll definitely work on that when I code though, try to make the design sections pop more.
Looks great! Like the bubbly modern touches to the header. Love the blue too.
I see Modern UI really did its hit.
What's ModerUI? xD
Typo, Modern UI* aka Metro.

More and more people are obviously being "inspired" by it and gradients are death now. No offense intended and probably not your case but my opinion.
Pages: 1 2 3