MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Messing with Neonglow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So me and my friends want to bring a website back and I decided to go with MyBB - I decided that I will use Neonglow as the dark theme and the GoSeries as the light theme. Since GoSeries is still not out until the weekend (Can't wait!!!!) I decided to start modifying NeonGlow to my liking, I'm still in the process. It's really wierd when you don't do a mock-up and just go with your instincts.

http://i.minus.com/ib0mXu8kmaxc7O.png
Meh, it's my least favourite Audentio theme by a mile.
I like the features (user profile seems pretty cool) but other than that I am planning on changing about everything colorwise, I'm gonna prob make it all solid colors.
I almost never make mock ups beforehand. It looks good though.
I'm a designer, not a coder though T~T....
I agree with Anxiety. Audentio is dropping in quality with some recent releases, this is one of them. There a few things I don't like.
  • the footer - floating text looks bad
  • collapse image just looks…odd
  • floating search/welcomeblock really bothers me
  • background really doesn't fit in with the header.
  • container itself is a bit small, or you just have a really high resolution

Also, why do you have so many tabs open!?!? I can't keep more then 3 open without being annoyed.
I like what you did to the theme, but I think the first NeonGlow (before it was edited by Audentio) looked much better. I dislike how they put blue into it when it was Black/Grey before. The footer is the only thing that I feel doesn't fit into the theme, but overall I did like the theme for it's features and appearance.
Try maybe editing the footer so it's not just the text at the bottom (copyright of MyBB area etc.) and also maybe making the "Sign In" button the same as the "Create Account" since it looks odd when one is a button and one is just a text link.
I like how the sign in and create account stuff is like now - but I did some changes to the design overall

http://i.minus.com/ibtHFwbwf5FSxq.png

Btw the glow was never gray/black, it was a teal shade, very dark teal.
Definitely better with the changes. I think the search advanced icon should be inside the search box on the right instead.
Looks a lot better. I think the solid black could be a tad bit lighter, and the Home on the breadcrumb looks a little awkward with the top and left borders around it. Other than that, I'm really feeling it.
Pages: 1 2