MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to have 2 super admins but the main one can delete the other super admin and...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I would like to have 2 super admin, but the main one, which is me, can't be edited, ban, or deleted. And for the second one, he can't be edited, ban, or deleted by other admins, but me. I will be the only one who can do that. But he can't do the same for me, nobody can edit me but myself.

Does anyone know how to do that, or is that possible?
I think there can only be " 1 " super admin.

Everyone else that gets promoted to admin is just a regular administrator.

I don't know why you would want another "Super Admin"... you should be the only one.

I tested and Administrators (not SUPER) cannot do this to the main admin:

> Delete Profile
> Change Password
> Ban you

Good Luck

EDIT: I guess you can add super admins to /inc/config.php

Why do you want/need two super admins?
So for the second owner of the site can't get banned by other admins, deleted, or edited, only by me, the main super admin.
That defeats the purpose of a Super Admin. I think, however, that if you have two Super Admins, they can use their abilities on each other. Similar to phpbb's Founder system.

Edit: Maybe you should change the subject? I think I'm seeing the RE: error.
(2012-11-10, 05:00 AM)MYBB GHOST Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I would like to have 2 super admin, but the main one, which is me, can't be edited, ban, or deleted. And for the second one, he can't be edited, ban, or deleted by other admins, but me. I will be the only one who can do that. But he can't do the same for me, nobody can edit me but myself.

Yes that is possible. But it will require a custom plugin to achieve that.
You can have several super admins (separated by comma in inc/config.php), in the end it depends on who has FTP access to remove their super admin status again...
(2012-11-10, 11:13 AM)borbole Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-10, 05:00 AM)MYBB GHOST Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Yes that is possible. But it will require a custom plugin to achieve that.

Can you make that for me, or can someone make that?