MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ThanksYou\Like Not working in localhost.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using WAMPserver 2.2. Everything works just exactly fine. The only change done is changed the listen of the apache server to port 8080.

I installed Mybb on localhost and installed the ThankYou\Like Plugin. It works fine on my online host, but not on localhost. The thanks button does not appear under posts. I even checked the Configuration settings.

Anybody can help?
- If the button is there but the image is missing then check the location of the image and make sure that the images are in the correct location/folder.

Note that the thanks buttons don't show on your own posts and unless you have set it in the config, it will only show on the first post.
Actually, I have solved the problem by reinstalling the plugin. :p
Thanks for your input anyway.
WAIT, the problem is nit yet solved, I can use the thanks button as a testuser (uid=2) but not as the Admin (uid=1).

Why is this happening?
BUMP

User #2 can use the thanks button but user #1 cannot use thanks button. Why?
What is the uid of the user that posted the post that you are trying to thank/like?
The UID 1 cannot thank a post of UID 2. UID 2 can thank the post of UID 1.
It works for me so its possible you have some permissions or config messed up. Here are things you can check:

- The post is not in an excluded forum (Excluded forums can be set in the Thanks/Like settings
- The user who is trying to thank can post in that thread/forum. The thanks/likes permissions depend on the post permissions
- If the post is not the first post of the thread, make sure that in the thanks/like settings you have set to allow thanks in all posts not just the first post
Ugh, now its not working for my new installed theme as well.

This is the list:

1. First I installed the MyBB 2.0 theme.
2. Then I installed the Plugin
3. Then I installed the Unreal Blue theme.

I am afraid reinstalling the plugin would remove the thanks from my database as well.

My Website URL
I can offer you a test account if you ever needed one -G33K-.
By design, if you install a new theme you will need to deactivate/activate plugins (or uninstall/install for some plugins) that make changes to the templates because the plugin system only inserts/edits the templates upon installing/activating so if a theme is installed after a plugin is installed it will not have the needed templates.
In the case of the Thanks/Like plugin, you will not loose the thanks data on uninstalling unless you have the tyl_unlock file in the forum root, thats by design, check the thanks/like thread or readme in the uninstall section for more info.