MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Removed my access.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When creating a new forum, I accidentally set myself to a usergroup which dosent have access to the admin or mod cp. Now nobody has access to it, and I dont want to start over. What can I do to give myself access back?
Is your User ID on your forum 1? If so, go to phpMyAdmin (or a similar program) and run this query:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `usergroup` = '4' WHERE `uid` = '1' 

That should fix your problem. Smile
(2012-11-11, 06:55 AM)Seabody Wrote: [ -> ]Is your User ID on your forum 1? If so, go to phpMyAdmin (or a similar program) and run this query:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `usergroup` = '4' WHERE `uid` = '1' 

That should fix your problem. Smile

When downloading this, where do i put the files, etc? Not sure how to use phpMyAdmin
Do you use FTP or cPanel to access your forum?

(ie, when you installed MyBB, did you visit mysite.com/cpanel or ftp://mysite.com)
(2012-11-11, 07:07 AM)Seabody Wrote: [ -> ]Do you use FTP or cPanel to access your forum?

(ie, when you installed MyBB, did you visit mysite.com/cpanel or ftp://mysite.com)

I think you mean what hosted my domain which was this site : http://www.000webhost.com/

Im under the control panel based off of that. I am under the tab mybb_users but not sure how to run the code.
In which case it's probably cPanel. Go to your website and put /cpanel at the end of your URL. Log in. Find phpMyAdmin, it's in the Databases tab. Select your database from the menu on the left. Choose query from the tab on top. Scroll down to "SQL query on database <database name>". Type the query I provided above (" UPDATE mybb_users SET usergroup = '4' WHERE uid = '1' ") and press submit query. Smile
Thanks actually. I figured it out Big Grin