MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Auto Refresh Script?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can someone help me set up a way for my forums to auto refresh to show new threads? Right now you have the refresh to see any new posts.
You would need a plugin, which I don't think currently exists. It would also be pretty resource intensive, unless I am misunderstanding your request.
yeah it will take to much resources, i dont think any developer will even create a plugin like this

running somthing to autorefresh will most likely get ur host to suspend you.
Try meta refresh. Effort-less, single line code.
http://community.mybb.com/thread-127398.html
I mainly just need a way to make the new posts show without the person having to refresh the page. Any ideas? I don't know why it doesn't show new posts...
it will require AJAX auto refresh into a plugin,

running a plugin such as that will likely get ur hosting account suspended due to high resource usage

but if you must have it i suggest u PM a mybb plugin developer such as yaldaram or somebody else
what I am wondering if I really need a plugin or if I need to upgrade my hosting
bump.....
No need for any plugin, Just Go to Admin CP - Go to Server & Optimization Settings - Send No Cache Headers - Set is as "Yes", it won't let the browser cache your page and you don't need to refresh again and again
No need of any kind of plugin, you will get option in Admin CP.
Pages: 1 2