MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help, smiley box is gone!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was just on my board a few hours ago and the smiley box was appearing in new threads and new replies.  I haven't changed anything today except for updated member's post counts (long story) but.. now I just got on my board and tried to reply to a thread and no smiley box.  I checked many of my forums (a few have different themes) and nope, it's gone in all of them!!

I rechecked my admin and it's checked to show the boxes.  When I PM, the box shows up but I can't click on any of them or open up my 'get more' link. I did notice that when I added a new forum yesterday with a new theme, that forum had those problems. But this is the first I have seen it on the whole board!! Any suggestions?  Thanks!!
Same thing happened to me the other day

Go to User CP

Edit Options

then bottom right under "Other Options"

make sure the box "Show the MyCode formatting options on the posting pages" is ticked

if it isn't then select the tick box next to it and click "Update Options"

and you're done! Smile

I have asked in an other thread why this is happening as the box keeps unticking itself but I've had no reply.

Is it version 1.2.1 you're running by any chance?
OMGoodness!!!! Thank you sooo very much!!! That worked!!! Smile

Yep, I am using 1.2.1 lol Maybe a glitch? I'll have to check into your other thread and see why this is happening.

Thanks again!! I'll post this for my other members incase they are dealing with the same problems!
You're very welcome!  Glad I can be some help! Smile

I posted the same thing in my technical support forum incase other members had the same trouble and a few have, so yes it is a good idea! Smile

You can find that thread here:

Edit Options boxes unticking themselves