MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I change the post bit style per user group?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've seen some sites using it and if I can remember a link I'll post as an example.

I'd like the postbit to have a different colour if the post was by an admin.

Would anybody know how to do this?

Thanks,
(2012-11-11, 10:40 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]http://community.mybb.com/thread-128977.html

Thanks a lot, just what I need

Also is it possible to do this for span classes?
Of course - it is how css works. the {$post['usergroup']} gives you the NUMBER, then, to make the class a bit more descriptive you put a name in front of it, so assume my usergroup is 6

<span class="spangroup{$post['usergroup']}">LEEFISH</span> is read by the html as

<span class="spangroup6">LEEFISH</span> and then in your css you add the properties for the class spangroup6. Simples.
(2012-11-12, 03:17 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Of course - it is how css works. the {$post['usergroup']} gives you the NUMBER, then, to make the class a bit more descriptive you put a name in front of it, so assume my usergroup is 6

<span class="spangroup{$post['usergroup']}">LEEFISH</span> is read by the html as

<span class="spangroup6">LEEFISH</span> and then in your css you add the properties for the class spangroup6. Simples.

Thanks a lot, I just thought it would get confused with my previous .usergroup4 I am using for my TDs

Thanks again Big Grin