MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Rename “admin” directory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can enter "admin" directory after changing the config.php file name in /inc and also changed the name of the ADMIN file to new .
I can enter but can not save change .

You don't have permission to access / NEWNAME / index.php on this server.
What is your chmod setting for /inc/config.php ?
To have full access you should add CHMOD to 777 but then again everything might be in danger so it should be more like 733, I guess.
(2012-11-12, 10:08 AM)JovanJ. Wrote: [ -> ]What is your chmod setting for /inc/config.php ?
$config['admin_dir'] = 'admin';
to
$config['admin_dir'] = 'newname';
I didn't asked for names. I asked for CHMOD settings. On the right side i guess of the file name config.php you have some numbers like 666,777 etc. What is your number there?

Read here more about it:

http://www.webweaver.nu/html-tips/chmod.shtml

And you should change it to 777 if it's not (If it's not 777 because of that you can't edit it). After that you change name of your directory be sure you back it to 666.
(2012-11-12, 10:51 AM)JovanJ. Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't asked for names. I asked for CHMOD settings. On the right side i guess of the file name config.php you have some numbers like 666,777 etc. What is your number there?

Read here more about it:

http://www.webweaver.nu/html-tips/chmod.shtml

And you should change it to 777 if it's not (If it's not 777 because of that you can't edit it). After that you change name of your directory be sure you back it to 666.

I want to emphasize
It fails only when I try to save on Edit Themes, CSS

" Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /cv/index.php on this server."

Template Sets in this work.
Change it to 777 then try. After that if it works back it to 666.
(2012-11-12, 11:14 AM)JovanJ. Wrote: [ -> ]Change it to 777 then try. After that if it works back it to 666.

Now it can not find all the ADMIN page

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

HELP
(2012-11-12, 12:05 PM)erez Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-12, 11:14 AM)JovanJ. Wrote: [ -> ]Change it to 777 then try. After that if it works back it to 666.

Now it can not find all the ADMIN page

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

HELP

Undo the chmodd you did to the config.php file and then chmodd the index.php file inside the admin folder. Which is the file as reported that needed chmodding.

P.s. The error you are getting could also be host related. Did you ask your host about it?
Never chmod your inc/config file to 777. PHP scripts should generally be 644 at the most (though that does differ if your host has a weird setup - some do). As said, you probably have incorrect CHMOD settings on the files within your new admin directory. Did this error occur before the change of name or not?