MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: posting images
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

There's got to be an easier way to put images in a post. There's too just too much involved. You should just be able to click an image button that brings up an upload screen, you select your image and it get's inserted into the post automatically.

I'll end up having to explain to everyone how to just post an image. Is there a plugin or mod that does what I need it to do? As it is, it's just too much work to post an image.

Don't mean to sound upset, I just think there's got to be a better way!

Thanks for any help. I really appreciate it,
jumper
What you are looking for is an Ajax loader and that would be a plugin.

What I currently do is tell my uploaders to select the image and click add attachment then I use the shadowbox plugin from the mods site to have a lightbox open when an attachment is clicked. You can hide the "insert into post" option and edit the thumbnails fieldset on the postbit to look a bit nicer.
Thanks Leefish, I appreciate it. I'll search for the shadowbox and see if I can find it. Sorry about being new to MyBB, but how do you hide the "insert into post" option/button?

Thanks a bunch, you've be a great help!

Hi leefish,

I went to your site and saw the shadow box at work and I really like it. Is there a version for MyBB? Because I can't seem to find one. I also downloaded your plugin from your site too.

thanks a bunch!
This is the shadowbox plugin I use right now

http://mods.mybb.com/view/shadowbox

You need to change the compatibility settings in the plugin to 1.6, then just install like any other plugin. I am having PC problems and am typing from a borrowed netbook so I cannot post the template fix right now.
Thanks so much Lee, I checked it out and it looks pretty good, but I will wait till you can post the compatibility settings.

Really appreciate your help.

thanks,
jumper
When you get a chance... could you post the fix?

thanks a bunch... hope you get your computer problems fixed.
Hi Jumper,

It is easy to do - you open the php file and you change the compatibility from 14 to 16.

Do NOT use notepad from Microsoft; use Notepad++ (google it if you dont have it)

For the insert to post:

Go to your ACP , templates for your theme, find the "post templates" group, open it, then open post_attachments_attachment_postinsert and delete the contents. Do NOT delete the template.
Thank you, and yes I have Notepad++. I'm going to save the contents of the part I'm supposed to delete. That sounds like a scary one (smile).

Thanks so much for your help.

YEA!!! I got it to work... thanks so much Lee... been searching for something like this and couldn't find it. Your instructions were perfect.

thank you so much.