MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: is the forum sending warning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
if pruning is activated and is abou to delete a user.
will forum sends warning/message via email that their account will be deleted due to inactivity?
Nope.
so how can i set it to send notice to the users?
(2012-11-20, 11:56 AM)enhu Wrote: [ -> ]so how can i set it to send notice to the users?

You will need a plugin.
(2012-11-20, 12:30 PM)borbole Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-20, 11:56 AM)enhu Wrote: [ -> ]so how can i set it to send notice to the users?

You will need a plugin.
That won't be possible with a plugin unless one adds a custom hook because MyBB doesn't provide a plugin hook for pruning yet. I've requested this several times though.
Hows the request?
Well you can create a view in ACP>Users & Groups>Users>Views>Manage Views (If you need extra help on this, post below).

Create a group called w.e you want but I'll call it prune. After creating the view, move all the members from that view to the "Prune" group then send a mass mail. After that delete the accounts or whatever you wish to do.

P.S: Double check the list after creating the view and if you have over 1K members then I would recommend showing 100 members in the view.