MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: says "thanks for logging in" and then still not logged in
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I try to login as forum user (not talking about admin interface, just regular user) and when I do I get that usual "thanks for logging in blah blah" screen and then it goes to nothing, as if i did not log in. I try again and again and its the same.
It happens often for me, after couple or few days it works again, than sometimes after weeks or days it does not work again. Than it works again, then it does not.
I assume it may be some cookie issue, but have no idea what to do?
ps: I have more than one user so maybe me logging in with multiple users cause this issue somehow?
There is an issue with your cookie settings. Try clearing your cookies/cache, if that does not help, read this thread:
http://community.mybb.com/thread-126359.html

Edit: You can not log in with multiple users in the same browser, it will log the others out. If you want to log in as 2 users, log in as one in Firefox and the other in Chrome.
(2012-11-13, 11:53 PM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: You can not log in with multiple users in the same browser, it will log the others out. If you want to log in as 2 users, log in as one in Firefox and the other in Chrome.

Better solution is multiple Chrome incognito windows.
(2012-11-14, 12:32 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-13, 11:53 PM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: You can not log in with multiple users in the same browser, it will log the others out. If you want to log in as 2 users, log in as one in Firefox and the other in Chrome.

Better solution is multiple Chrome incognito windows.

Not if you want each login to be remembered...
All cookies will be saved until you close the window. Works well.
(2012-11-14, 12:43 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]All cookies will be saved until you close the window. Works well.

Most people who visit forums daily don't leave their incognito windows open for weeks/months on end.
I know. I meant I was login in with one, then logging out and logging in with another. I thought this could cause the issue somehow with cookies..

My main concern is that these issues arise randomly, it can work ok for 1 month, then logging out for 4 days, than work ok for next 2 weeks, then logging out for next 3 days and so on. No pattern.
Check your cookie settings in admincp. Likely you have them wrong.

Cookie Domain: .domain.com
Cookie Path: /
(2012-11-14, 12:52 AM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-14, 12:43 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]All cookies will be saved until you close the window. Works well.

Most people who visit forums daily don't leave their incognito windows open for weeks/months on end.

I can't imagine what would require you to constantly be logged in as multiple users for months at a time.
(2012-11-14, 01:52 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-14, 12:52 AM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]

I can't imagine what would require you to constantly be logged in as multiple users for months at a time.

I quite often do this when there is nobody else to talk with.. Wink