MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ski Blu MyBB Theme from MyBB Web Design
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Parts of the theme strongly remind me of Audentio's portfolio example Wii Forums.

Direct link to portfolio example
Californian, you spoiled the build up. But yes, you are right. I was curious to see what he was going to say.

Our terms do not permit copyright removal without payment and we design for individual use only. Mind explaining why you are selling a skin we designed for a company? Im not pointing any fingers yet, please note.
(2012-11-14, 11:37 PM)Californian Wrote: [ -> ]Parts of the theme strongly remind me of Audentio's portfolio example Wii Forums.

Direct link to portfolio example

I knew it! I knew I saw this in one of Audentio's themes but I just couldn't figure it out.

adding to it: http://community.mybb.com/thread-129383-...#pid938106 -- some name you've made for yourself.
(2012-11-14, 11:41 PM)Audentio Wrote: [ -> ]Californian, you spoiled the build up. But yes, you are right. I was curious to see what he was going to say.

Our terms do not permit copyright removal without payment and we design for individual use only. Mind explaining why you are selling a skin we designed for a company? Im not pointing any fingers yet, please note.

Hi,

I hope I've not broken any rules here, I purchased this skin yesterday here:

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2591685

As you can see the seller claims I can re-sell this anyway I want. If this is NOT the case, it looks like we wil need to sort this out some how.

I fugred if I could pick up a decent theme quite cheap with resale rights I could turn a profit. I did say earlier in this thread I didn't design it, don't get me wrong I am not claiming that I designed this. I run a theme shop, and as long as I have the rights to a theme it is mine to do as I please.

Mike, just to clarify then, who has copyright ownership of this theme?
(2012-11-14, 11:57 PM)ESR360 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-14, 11:41 PM)Audentio Wrote: [ -> ]Californian, you spoiled the build up. But yes, you are right. I was curious to see what he was going to say.

Hi,

I hope I've not broken any rules here, I purchased this skin yesterday here:

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2591685

As you can see the seller claims I can re-sell this anyway I want. If this is NOT the case, it looks like we wil need to sort this out some how.

I fugred if I could pick up a decent theme quite cheap with resale rights I could turn a profit. I did say earlier in this thread I didn't design it, don't get me wrong I am not claiming that I designed this. I run a themes shop, and as long as I have the rights to a theme it is mine to do as I please.

Mike, just to clarify then, who has copyright ownership of this theme?

Well, as far as I can see, the templates by Audentio are registered only to the domain they're sold to. I wouldn't want my work being sold off like this, especially being passed as someone elses work.
The theme clearly says "Designed by Audentio Design"... he didn't I'm sure he didn't buy copyright removal so the theme should still have our copyright. You said you didn't DESIGN it, you did imply you coded it.
(2012-11-15, 12:01 AM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]The theme clearly says "Designed by Audentio Design"... he didn't I'm sure he didn't buy copyright removal so the theme should still have our copyright. You said you didn't DESIGN it, you did imply you coded it.

Hmm, you're right there!
(2012-11-15, 12:01 AM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]The theme clearly says "Designed by Audentio Design"... he didn't I'm sure he didn't buy copyright removal so the theme should still have our copyright. You said you didn't DESIGN it, you did imply you coded it.

Yes Audentio was the origianl designer, but my point is the seller says very clearly in the title "RE-SELL RIGHTS", which is excactly what I am doing. I told you twice I didnt design it, both times about the use of the colours. I didn't lead anybody on, there is no obligation for me to announce who the original author is, or if I am not the original author. My website acquired a new theme which I am relaying here. It doesn't matter who designed or coded it.

Websites pick up skins from other websites all the time and sell products they didn't design.

If I have been lied to by the seller, don't blame me, I made a quick business decision.
We do. And like I said we only design for individual use. He can sell the theme so long as our license holds. I can sell a vBulletin license so long as whoever I'm selling to agrees to their terms, for example, otherwise the company providing the license has no reason to offer support or hold to the original agreement. Same thing here.

In general, I'd be careful with Digital Point and other cheap template sales. But yes it might be the client that purchased it from us that is trying to sell it. They only have the rights to sell it, copyright in tact, for individual use. If whoever now "owns" the product were to break our license, the license between Audentio Design and the product itself is null and void so to speak. In other words, we would reclaim ownership of the product and use it how we see fit.

But of course I can see this is a misunderstanding. So no harm done. When you purchase in the future, make sure the product in question has reseller rights.

ETA: It does say that they have reseller rights on DP, but they didn't. These are easy mistakes to make, no one can blame you for not knowing who the designer of every skin is Toungue But as FMB said, check the footer!
Legal or not, this is really scummy and shady from someone running a design site, especially in the context of your other threads.

You should have been smart enough to check with Audentio since you knew it was designed by them.
Pages: 1 2 3 4