MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Permission [Bug]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Many forums now days have Custom User Groups for their users.

I think there should be an option to base Permissions based on the users PRIMARY UserGroup.

My reason is because,

For example, on my site.

Regular Users can not use the Signature Feature.
Vip's can use Signature Feature.

When a VIP Member sets their display user group as the Custom Group,
They can not use the signature feature, (Their signature no longer displays).

This happens because the Custom group has " Can add a signature?" disabled.

When the user sets their Display Group back to VIP, their signature works fine.
I find this interesting. I always thought a YES permission overrides any NO permission.
That is what I thought too,

Only thing I find that overrides any permission is if the User is in a Moderator Group/Staff Group.

No matter what they have set as their Display user group, they have moderating permissions.

But if it is just a custom group, then the Display Group over rides any group that is not Admin/Mod
I thought additional group checks were done for default forum functions, hmm.

I always have my plugins to check for additional and primary group as well, so never mind what group they choose to be displayed, it checks for perms from all groups.
Additional checks should be done by core of myBB. Because this is clearly a flaw.
any way to solve this issue ??
Can this be fixed
I believe it is set up how it is because then if you need to have multiple usergroups to give someone a unique set of permissions you can. There is no limit on how many groups you can have a person in. The point of adding them to another usergroup is to give them additional permissions.

Quote:I find this interesting. I always thought a YES permission overrides any NO permission.

Almost right. The canonlyviewownthreads is an exception to the rule. An earlier version of 1.6 had the problem so I had to code a solution while we waited for an upgrade that would fix it.