MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.8 Requirements
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can someone give me an idea of what MyBB 1.8 will require? Will it run on php 5.1.6, or does it need php 5.3?
MyBB 1.8 has the same requirements as 1.6.
(2012-11-15, 12:51 PM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB 1.8 has the same requirements as 1.6.

Thanks, but I thought I remember reading somewhere that it needed json, which is in PHP 5.3, or maybe I'm confusing it with MyBB 2.0? I can't find the article, so maybe I'm just dreaming it lol?
As far as I know we aren't requiring JSON in 1.8. If you can run 1.6, you'll be able to run 1.8 just fine.
so on 2.0 will use json?? How would it be if your host cant run a 5.3php?
2.0 is a long shot. Perhaps, we're seeing it somewhere near 2015 end or 2016. By then, 5.3 will become as common as 5.1 like now.
I have a funny feeling Pirata is working on something that needs PHP 5.2.(something), or even PHP 5.3.

Either way, the majority of hosting companies should provide PHP 5.3/4 support in some form or another.
(2012-11-15, 02:02 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]I have a funny feeling Pirata is working on something that needs PHP 5.2.(something), or even PHP 5.3.

Either way, the majority of hosting companies should provide PHP 5.3/4 support in some form or another.

I need to get mine updated. CentOS 5.3's repositories default to 5.1.6, which is why I haven't upgraded to 5.3 yet.

Anyway, thanks.
If you'e not running 5.3 at the least on your own server I would definitely advise updating. MyBB 1.6.9 will support PHP 5.4 too which is an even better upgrade. I've seen a slight speed increase since making it with my wordpress powered sites.
And most hosts do support newer PHP versions but they just by default keep to old version so as many people's site might not break. You could always use htaccess to configure your php version (with the condition mentioned above).
Pages: 1 2