MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Scratchboard – Post your random admin/dev stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-04-06, 03:16 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]The calendar uses almost no tables from bootstrap; I just used the existing templates and made the MyBB thead a div and then the tcats into theads.

Think I may skip the calendar after all, people don't use it anyway. Just finished the posts which collapse from left side to above for mobiles / tablets.

[Image: Screenshot_1.png]

I have a hide class which hides text on buttons for small screens but not sure why it doesn't work on New thread / Post reply buttons, strange.
That looks good, very plain Smile I degrade my postlayouts, so the classic collapses to horizontal on an ipad portrait, then to a horizontal with no userbar fluff on a small tablet and phone.

Regarding the buttons, how did you set up the html on the reply button?
(2015-04-12, 11:55 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]That looks good, very plain Smile  I degrade my postlayouts, so the classic collapses to horizontal on an ipad portrait, then to a horizontal with no userbar fluff on a small tablet  and phone.

Regarding the buttons, how did you set up the html on the reply button?

I wrapped the text in span tags with a media query with display: none for smaller resolutions
works perfect on all buttons except new thread / post reply.

<span class="hide"> {$lang->new_reply}</span>

@media only screen and (max-width: 640px){
    .hide{    
        display: none;
    }
}

@media only screen and (max-width: 640px){
    .hide{    
    }
	}
Try !important
Already tried !important, doesn't work either.
¿And this?

@media (max-width: 767px) {
 .hide {
   display: none !important;
 }
}

Source: Bootstrap
Try
@media screen and (max-width: 640px){
   .hide {    
   }
}
Was inspired by MyBB Humanization Project (harajuju.net's theme is amazing Big Grin), so decided to start with a simple registration page: http://dankshit.ga/community/member.php?action=register
Only problem is (aside that it needs to look nicer Big Grin) the FA icons are all different sizes so it looks kinda weird with the input boxes not being perfectly stacked. I tried placing each FA icon in a div and have every div with the same dimensions, but it messed everything up, so... IDK.
(2015-07-02, 02:54 AM)Cookie123 Wrote: [ -> ]Only problem is (aside that it needs to look nicer Big Grin) the FA icons are all different sizes so it looks kinda weird with the input boxes not being perfectly stacked. I tried placing each FA icon in a div and have every div with the same dimensions, but it messed everything up, so... IDK.

Try the class fa-fw.

<i class="fa fa-2x fa-envelope-o fa-fw"></i>
(2015-07-02, 03:23 AM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-02, 02:54 AM)Cookie123 Wrote: [ -> ]Only problem is (aside that it needs to look nicer Big Grin) the FA icons are all different sizes so it looks kinda weird with the input boxes not being perfectly stacked. I tried placing each FA icon in a div and have every div with the same dimensions, but it messed everything up, so... IDK.

Try the class fa-fw.

<i class="fa fa-2x fa-envelope-o fa-fw"></i>

Perfect, thanks. Oh, and excuse my horribly messy CSS. (all inline) I did that because for some reason when I tried styling stuff with stylesheets, it took forever for the actual effects to display and sometimes it didn't work at all. I'll probably change that later when it starts working again.