MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Database Backup problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Fixed.
either the mysql server is offline or ur database settings are incorrect.
(2012-11-15, 04:32 PM)wcore Wrote: [ -> ]either the mysql server is offline or ur database settings are incorrect.

Thanks, really helpful.
Why did you change the file name extension? You probably broke it if you just changed it on a Windows machine..try naming it .sql and importing it.
If he's using phpMyAdmin, it appends .gz to gzipped SQL dumps.
(2012-11-16, 05:18 AM)Known Wrote: [ -> ]Why did you change the file name extension? You probably broke it if you just changed it on a Windows machine..try naming it .sql and importing it.

TrentaHost doesn't take any other buy .sql.gzip or atleast the others wont work.

(2012-11-16, 05:43 AM)StingReay Wrote: [ -> ]If he's using phpMyAdmin, it appends .gz to gzipped SQL dumps.

Right, so how does that fix my problem?

If someone could do this using teamviewer or any other remote control program I will appreciate it alot cus I got no idea where the problem is and why it is.
Try to re-create the backup? I used 000webhost too and I can download the gzip without any problem.
(2012-11-16, 08:22 AM)LimPong Wrote: [ -> ]Try to re-create the backup? I used 000webhost too and I can download the gzip without any problem.

I can't. I had to use phpmyadmin > export. Always the same thing.
Give mysqldumper a try. It works swell for both things, backups and restoration.
(2012-11-16, 12:58 PM)borbole Wrote: [ -> ]Give mysqldumper a try. It works swell for both things, backups and restoration.

I have no idea how that works. Could you or someone tell me about this?
Pages: 1 2 3