MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: standard options?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i would like to see mybb come with standard options of

Google connect
Facebook connect
Myspace connect
Twitter connect

i also is there any word on what PHP 2.0 is basing off of? such as cakePHP?

and is 2.0 100% different code from 1.6 or are u basing it completely off 1.6?
I assume you MyBB 2 since PHP 2 is really old now. The original plan was to use Yii as framework but that's not 100% anymore.

And, it will be completely new code.

I'm not sure if any of these will be default but there will be an API put in place which should make implementing them much easier.
(2012-11-15, 04:40 PM)wcore Wrote: [ -> ]i would like to see mybb come with standard options of

Google connect
Facebook connect
Myspace connect
Twitter connect

An API will be available to making integration with third party services easier.

(2012-11-15, 04:40 PM)wcore Wrote: [ -> ]i also is there any word on what PHP 2.0 is basing off of? such as cakePHP?

MyBB 2.0 will use an MVC framework. We have a few solid candidates but we're still considering our options.

(2012-11-15, 04:40 PM)wcore Wrote: [ -> ]and is 2.0 100% different code from 1.6 or are u basing it completely off 1.6?

There won't be a single line of code from the 1.x series in 2.0.
(2012-11-15, 04:57 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]There won't be a single line of code from the 1.x series in 2.0.

Aw, no /me parser? Sad
(2012-11-15, 05:53 PM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-15, 04:57 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]There won't be a single line of code from the 1.x series in 2.0.

Aw, no /me parser? Sad

We'll probably keep that (I'll sneak it in if I have to Toungue), but we'll have a better, more reliable parser. Smile
who uses MySpace still and do they even have an active API anymore?

the biggest issue with using these services is the need for you, as the forum admin, to create an 'app' with each service and keep it maintained. MyBB will then need to communicate with each app in its own individual format/method and direct the new user to the service to request permission to their info and then query the service for the information it needs.

the other option is to use a third party service like Janrain Engage, which I am testing myself now. I still need to code the integration part, but right now I have the modal "sign in with" box working
(2012-11-15, 06:16 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]who uses MySpace still
Tom still uses MySpace.

(2012-11-15, 05:56 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-15, 05:53 PM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]

Aw, no /me parser? Sad

We'll probably keep that (I'll sneak it in if I have to Toungue), but we'll have a better, more reliable parser. Smile

And I'll sneak in /slap.
* Alex Smith will try to add /amazing through git hub.

* Alex Smith doesn't know what it will do yet though...(he just wanted to fit in)