MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyCraft - Minecraft style theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Preview: http://mods.mybb.com/uploads/previews/62...-index.jpg

This is a theme for MyBB, I am looking to release for free as I have not seen any appealing to the eye minecraft themes and didn't want the community have to suffer and pay $10 for one Wink

Name: MyCraft
Price: FREE
Information: This theme is to fill the missing spot of no good Minecraft themes in the whole of mybb. :O
Aurthur: Xige Time
Download: http://mods.mybb.com/view/mycraft-mincraft-style
Release date: Released.

Looking for feedback and what I need to improve! Big Grin

Thanks,
- Xige Time.
The blue looks really out of place in the whole idea of a Minecraft style in my opinion. Perhaps the background header could be a picture of the sky in Minecraft instead? Looks like a decent start though.
(2012-11-16, 08:11 PM)Roach Wrote: [ -> ]The blue looks really out of place in the whole idea of a Minecraft style in my opinion. Perhaps the background header could be a picture of the sky in Minecraft instead? Looks like a decent start though.

I have to admit I have tried many different styled headers and they all seem a little too corny, if you know what I mean. Styling in minecraft is really hard as the colors it is related to is very obscure for a web design. I am trying to make it look as good as possible along with a minecraft feel, however Green, Brown, Black and White looked too dull, so I added a dark blue background; once I saw it I thought, wow, this looks really nice and brings it out more, I also tried a sky and it looked pretty crappy. Toungue

Thanks for feedback though. Smile
I like the theme overall. Looks clean and original.
Although I do agree with the above comments about the blue looking out of place.
Have you tried using the minecraft wooden planks texture instead? Might look nice.

~Zerox
It looks nice, keep up the good work!
(2012-11-16, 08:11 PM)Roach Wrote: [ -> ]The blue looks really out of place in the whole idea of a Minecraft style in my opinion. Perhaps the background header could be a picture of the sky in Minecraft instead? Looks like a decent start though.

ditto.
I'm failing to see how it's Minecraft-styled, considering there's no blocky textures. The blocky-style texturing is what defines Minecraft.

Apart from that, instead of simply duplicating the header in the footer you could continue on with the 'below-ground' aesthetic by adding a layer of lava, a layer of black-gray blocks and a sudden drop of darkness.

I do like the different blocks on the forumbit, though.
Thanks for the feedback, v2 is on it's way!
Put in sidebar >

Forum statics
<span class="smalltext">Replys:</span> <a style="float: right;">{$stats['numposts']}</a> <br />
<span class="smalltext">Topics:</span> <a style="float: right;">{$stats['numthreads']}</a> <br />
<span class="smalltext">Members:</span> <a style="float: right;">{$stats['numusers']}</a> <br />

so be good..

and : Members online now:

{$lang->whos_online}</strong> [<a href="online.php">{$lang->complete_list}</a>]</span>

like this: (langue = pt-br)
i try to make it my-self but not works lawl...
http://i.imgur.com/Jr4ft.png
[Image: Jr4ft.png]

remove it too:
[Image: 4up7b.png]
this border / shadow is UGLY.
Make it, and make theme better Smile
remove this infos from down forum, and make on right, see to much better.
Pages: 1 2