MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: paid work: seeking expert on MyBB user authentication
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Am working with a developer of another software package (who is not familiar with MyBB inner workings) to get it to use MyBB authentication complete with permissions, etc. You will probably not be doing much if any actual coding, but you must be able to answer specific questions via email about how MyBB handles these things to help the developer on the other end. The end result will be a single login which will work across the entire site.

Thank you.
I can possibly help, through posts in this thread. I'm not going to give you my email address.
Yep you got me, it was all an elaborate plan to get someone's email address. I guess there's no reason serious site development can't be carried out in public on a message board, right? And since Paypal is out of the question (you know, gotta keep all hush hush on the email addresses) do you propose I leave a paper bag full of money behind a park bench when we're done?

Sorry, I was probably wrong to be looking for actual developers on this kind of forum.
If you had an actual developer working with you, he would not need to ask questions. He would install a copy of MyBB and look at the code and database directly. That's what he has to do in the end anyway, if he wants to test his software at all.