MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Locked out of admin permissions [urgent]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2012-11-18, 07:14 AM)WitherBones Wrote: [ -> ]okay....my host's cp for what and where? cp = control panel? My user control panel, my admin panel on site, my ftw control panel, the control panel for Wamp Server that's blank and doesn't show anything? There are lot's of cps and I'm not sure which one you're talking about. I'm new to this, and I need everyone to be as specific as possible or else each step is just going to get nothing done and give me five more questions to ask.

Also, I didn't install any of this. My host did. She had her site, and I use a subdomain of it. I didn't install ANYTHING. I access the site, what I can do from there, and my ftp files through file zilla. I tried downloading Wamp Server but localhost just renders a blank screen, and not what the tutorials show at ALL, I don't know how to access mySQL, or phpMyAdmin at all, I don't even know if I had to download these seperately, put something inside the folders to make it work and when they say "your php files need to be installed" I'm completely confused as to what php files, all of them, and if I need to hand pick through my ftp files for every php files and install them, or if it's okay to install ALL of my ftp files or what. I've never used them and I'm completely confused, and nothing I've read here or anywhere else has helped me at all, because I guess I'm the first person to ever encounter these kinds of problems??

Sorry but I can''t be clearer than that. If you do not know the most basic of things then that it is not my fault that it makes it more complicated for you. You have been told numerous times above what is phpmyadmin and yet you ask unrelated questions and go on about Wamp Server, ftp and what not. Not trying to be rude here but just stating the facts. So instead of waiting around, read the posts carefully and then do some searching on those things that you do not understand and stuff will be clearer to you.

And if you read my posts above I never said anything about php files that you need to install or whatever.

That being said, phpmyadmin is the tool that most hosts use to manage the db's in their servers. And I meant cp as in Control Panel of your host. If you do not know how to access it then ask your host about it.
(2012-11-18, 11:20 AM)borbole Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-18, 07:14 AM)WitherBones Wrote: [ -> ]okay....my host's cp for what and where? cp = control panel? My user control panel, my admin panel on site, my ftw control panel, the control panel for Wamp Server that's blank and doesn't show anything? There are lot's of cps and I'm not sure which one you're talking about. I'm new to this, and I need everyone to be as specific as possible or else each step is just going to get nothing done and give me five more questions to ask.

Also, I didn't install any of this. My host did. She had her site, and I use a subdomain of it. I didn't install ANYTHING. I access the site, what I can do from there, and my ftp files through file zilla. I tried downloading Wamp Server but localhost just renders a blank screen, and not what the tutorials show at ALL, I don't know how to access mySQL, or phpMyAdmin at all, I don't even know if I had to download these seperately, put something inside the folders to make it work and when they say "your php files need to be installed" I'm completely confused as to what php files, all of them, and if I need to hand pick through my ftp files for every php files and install them, or if it's okay to install ALL of my ftp files or what. I've never used them and I'm completely confused, and nothing I've read here or anywhere else has helped me at all, because I guess I'm the first person to ever encounter these kinds of problems??

Sorry but I can''t be clearer than that. If you do not know the most basic of things then that it is not my fault that it makes it more complicated for you. You have been told numerous times above what is phpmyadmin and yet you ask unrelated questions and go on about Wamp Server, ftp and what not. Not trying to be rude here but just stating the facts. So instead of waiting around, read the posts carefully and then do some searching on those things that you do not understand and stuff will be clearer to you.

And if you read my posts above I never said anything about php files that you need to install or whatever.

That being said, phpmyadmin is the tool that most hosts use to manage the db's in their servers. And I meant cp as in Control Panel of your host. If you do not know how to access it then ask your host about it.

Wamp Server is a program that installs phpMyAdmin. I couldnt figure out how to install it otherwise, since when I installed the package, there was no exe file, just a bunch of folders, and I was unsure how to use them. I'm not trying to be rude, but I'm asking you to be specific, because I've had to ask for clarification multiple times. I AM new to using mySQL and I'm asking for help. I'm sorry if you're upset I've asked for clarification, okay? But as I've said many times I'm apparently much newer to this than I thought, and I need help. All production on my site has halted because of this, I'm being badgered by seven different people over it, and I need this solved, even if it means someone doing it for me. I've already tried contacting our host, and she's yet to even reply, so I've come here. If this wasn't the appropriate place to ask a question, I'm sorry, I guess my eyes are going bad.
(2012-11-18, 03:10 PM)WitherBones Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-18, 11:20 AM)borbole Wrote: [ -> ]

Wamp Server is a program that installs phpMyAdmin. I couldnt figure out how to install it otherwise, since when I installed the package, there was no exe file, just a bunch of folders, and I was unsure how to use them. I'm not trying to be rude, but I'm asking you to be specific, because I've had to ask for clarification multiple times. I AM new to using mySQL and I'm asking for help. I'm sorry if you're upset I've asked for clarification, okay? But as I've said many times I'm apparently much newer to this than I thought, and I need help. All production on my site has halted because of this, I'm being badgered by seven different people over it, and I need this solved, even if it means someone doing it for me. I've already tried contacting our host, and she's yet to even reply, so I've come here. If this wasn't the appropriate place to ask a question, I'm sorry, I guess my eyes are going bad.

I am not upset at all, no reason why I should be. And you are also in the right place to ask for help.

I also understand that you are new but what I wanted to say is that take a minute and read carefully through the posts of those that are trying to guide you through on how to solve your issue.

We are saying on numerous occasions that you should run the query at the SQL box of your phpmyadmin and yet you go on and on about Wamp Server, ftp, php files and whatever. Instead of doing some research on how to run the queries and where phpmyadmin can be found in the cp of the host. Or even asking your host about it.

Do you see what I mean? It is a waste of time to repeat ourselves as we don''t seem to get through to you. You can ask questions about clarifications but ask the right questions as it feels we are taking about apples and oranges here Big Grin

Again, I hope you will not mind what I said but I am calling it like I see it. So you can learn from it in the future when asking for support as it would save you and us a lot of time.
Pages: 1 2